Why is it bad to get mad at others races for dating the people of your race?

I'm mixed (black and Mexican), but I identify as and grew up around black. I am all for interracial dating, but I don't see why it would be a problem for me to say that I don't like black women with white men. What gives other races the right to say that I can't feel this way about MY people?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, just because you are half black half mexican doesn't mean you own a race. "Your people", it's not up to you to decide who should date who just because they share the same ethnicity as you. I am mixed as well (black, white, and hispanic) and my boyfriend is white. If people are happy together, then that's what should matter. Why does seeing black women and white men who are happy with each other not make you happy? Love is love, fam. Don't be ignorant. You know if a white person acted this way you'd be so offended.

Most Helpful Guy

• You feel how you feel, but why? Are you feeling inadequate because they choose white guys?
    Do those guys have money, clothes, and cars?
    If so, why would you want a woman that is so shallow, so stupid, to just date a guy because of money or status?
    A 'Man' is a man, because of his integrity, his sense of honor and respect!! If some girl is just looking for dollars, why bother? Who cares what 'race'? She is a 'gold-digger' and nothing she has is worth all that drama!!!

What Girls Said 11

• It's a problem because it's kind of a hateful, rude, distasteful comment to make and attitude to have. There are interracial couples who have gotten married and had children who would be greatly offended by that. You don't actually have a place or right to dictate whom exactly they choose to spend their lives with.

• You don't own black women and not all black women even want to be with you, so why get upset? Seems more than a little bitter and possessive.

• Because it's not like they're your property or you have any more of a right to them than anyone else has?

• You have officially won the Idiot of the Internet Award. Congrats.

• Ikr, people are just too uptight sometimes and too scared for their "Holy Pure Racial Blood" to get stained or something. I'm not saying interracial couples should be promoted, but they shouldn't be shamed either.

• Because anyone should be able to date whoever they want to date without being judged by others. If a black woman dates a white man and he treats her well, he gives her what she deserves and he makes her happy... what could be wrong with that?

• well you're clearly not all interracial dating then lmao why do you even care what other people do with their lives?

• Because it's bad. No explanation needed.

• I don't see how that makes you a bad person. Everyone acts that way when someone steps out of their environment into another never to return. Just human behavior.

• Because that's racist.

• Because other people assume that you're racist or you are jealous of them.
    I'm not gonna lie, but I also get bothered when I see a black guy with a white girl.
    But I guess I'm jealous of people who have someone who likes them...

What Guys Said 21

• Well there is nothing wrong with it so long as you also adhere to it otherwise its hypocritical. As for you liking it or not, you also have the right to that, it won't matter or change anything but you do have the right to feel that way, you don't however have the right to interfere or harass some one who is in an interracial relationship.

• because they see you as a mixed race and thinks its crazy for you to say suck a thing. like someone from the kkk saying Jews can't be with a christian white person but they are Jewish themselves. its just sounds so contradictive.

• The KK Jewish? all of them? More information, please.

Leonard Dinnerstein wrote in 1995 : "Even in areas where antisemitism was not particularly severe among Klansmen, as in Oklahoma, Jews were among those attacked."

• @cheapshotbob
      I indeed read that legend about Hitler being possibly Jewish.
      All the suspicions that Adolf Hitler was part Jewish were not true. The only reference of anyone possibly Jewish in his family was of his maternal grandmother who became pregnant while working for a Jewish family. Really a meager 'proof'.
      As a boy, Hitler received a Roman Catholic education and sang in a church choir and thought one day he would become a priest.

But it was of course amusing back then to tell that the awful fanatic Jew hater was a Jew himself.

• @jacquesvol oh ok well im glad you cleared that up because that was what i was basing my opinion on. but i guess i did poorly explaining it. i apologize.

• It makes you an envious person, unaccepting of other people's choices.

• That's just it -- they're not your people. They're nobody's people but their own, and they're free to date whoever they like. End of story.

• It is not 'bad', it is natural. What you describe is known as own group preference and has been hard wired into our brains by millions of years of natural selection.
    When I see a white woman with a male of another race it disgusts me.

• Nobody owns anyone or has first dibs due to the color of their skin.

• but of course you would pissed to know if end and crying racism if it was the other way around wouldn't you?

• Because it's none of your business who other people date.

• Is there any logical arguments behind your feelings?

• Oh you can say whatever you want. People will simply ignore your opinion as its close minded and bias. About it.

• Because what you say is racist bigotry.

• "My people"? You own all those human beings do you? No? I didn't think so. So what gives you the right to have any opinion on other peoples relationships?

• Because they are not your people. You don't own these people and they should be free to pursue love wherever they please.

• Exepcted human trait

Its how we started initial segregation in the first place

• Why do you even care who dates who, it has nothing to do with you.

• Because regardless of the side you're on (race wise) it's still racist to hate/dislike another race.

• What about Mexican women with white men?

• Whatever gets you from one day to the other.

• They are not your people dude, you don't own them.

• you make sense to me.

• It's ironic, they will all jump down your throat telling you that you have no right, but they think they have the right to tell you how YOU can feel. Simpletons.