Do you deserve the life you are living now?

Sometimes even the best intentions, the most cautiously laid plans, and the more secure strongholds are undone purely by chance. There is no shame in being a victim of circumstance. There is only shame in lying about how much control you really have in life and believing your own lies.

• Yes, I am the master of my destiny! All that I have I have earned, good or bad, in my life!
  • No, I am a victim of circumstances beyond my control.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never even had a fighting chance since birth... I truly am a victim and STILL to this day some times those past situations come back up in my life. But considering I am in charge of my life!! my past, my family will NOT ever define me or stop me from where I'm going. I just have to take alternative routes Some times. With every thing I have been through YES I'M HAPPY WITH MY LIFE, I KNOW it could be much worse.. its a mess currently Because something I absolutely have no control over BUT again I am a survivor!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I do deserve the life I'm living now. And let me be clear, I don't see myself as a victim of circumstances, I'm not sadden by my current situation, and no I'm not trying to come off as arrogant or entitled. I just think the most of myself and feel if I apply myself I can achieve my goals and then some. I feel like I have to be my biggest cheerleader cause if I'm not, then who will be? At some point I gotta know that want I want in life I will have at some point and when I reach that point, it's time to take my flag and keep climbing the mountain some more. So, yes I am master of my destiny, but haven't yet earned what I know I deserve. But the best part of life is, the journey to that point.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't know. half yes, half no.
    considering the way other people are living though, i wouldn't say i have any right to complain.

• Yes I do!

• No, but I am not a victim. I lucked out and I don't think I deserve it but I'm going to take the cards that have been dealt to me and expand it into something greater.

• Life gives You good & bad things, it' up to You what You'll do with them. If it's bad You take it and make it work work work work work... ;D

There's no use crying bout it...

• I am a victim of circumstances. I'm doomed since the day I was born. And I guess that won't change.

• Vote A :)

• I'm somewhere in the middle of those. I've done a few things for myself but really it's like I'm just getting pushed along through life

• yeah i hope so, i live a good life

• I was a victim of circumstance but after I was forced to reach rock bottom I fought to get to the stage I am right now in my life. Although, I am still working on areas in my life that I need to improve on and change in order to feel I have the life I really want and know I deserve. I'm happy in my life, but I know it's possible to be happier. I have total control over my life.

• Yes i do without a doubt...

• I do not deserve anything I have.

• No, I've been lucky in my life but I don't exactly feel entitled to it. I did work hard, had a good education and work ethic, but I was also born into a good family with its own privileges. I can't claim I am where I am purely based on hard work when the deck was stacked in my favor. That would be an insult to people who really did work for everything they have.

What Guys Said 15

• I don't know how to decide if someone deserves the life they have, I think we just get what we get :/

As far as control I have been seeing the world in a more deterministic way.
    Like I feel like we make 'choices' but we make the choices we were meant to make based on all prior conditions. That in a scenario with the exact same variables there is no other way you could have reacted.

• Your very response to this question is proof that your brand of determinism doesn't exist.
      There are no prior conditions that force you to come here, force you to post, incite you to self-express and urge you to take a deterministic stance.

In general the irony of determinism is that knowledge of determinism can't possibly be determined because it cannot be derived; the nature of a system is only knowable to an observer, not an actor, much like we know the way out of a maze for a mouse when we look from above but if put into a labyrinth ourselves are just as easily lost.

• So long as time isn't linear ( and it isn't ) the elements that dictate your experiences aren't linear and so even the slightest disturbance effects you. Your very zygote isn't as simple as mommy and daddy. Within your own primordial soup within your mother had anything been even slightly different you'd not be you. That's the level of effect.

Subatomic chaos pretty and quantum mechanics pretty much undoes determinism.

• Time isn't linear?

"so even the slightest disturbance effects you."
      Yes, but
      Im saying all those disturbances help dictate our path. That given an identical scenario with an exact version of ourselves with the exact same disturbances we would react or end up in the exact same way.

But isn't our understanding of quantum mechanics still kinda limited?

• I don't deserve any good thing in life, and all I have is owing to God's perfect love and mercy.

• No, I deserved better.

• I work hard but I do admit I've gotten lucky in life at times too

• I don't deserve to still be in college for eight years trying to get my bachelor's degree. I got my music associate's but I had to change. Still no decent job, not one relationship I've had, have to manage on living off of 5-600 dollars a month for food and gas. That includes any other items too lol so no! I don't deserve to still be stuck in the same situation as I was 8 years ago

• We do and we don't.

• No, I am a victim of circumstances beyond my control. I'm only 18, so throughout most of my life, things have been handed to me by my parents. I had no choice, I was a child during all that time.

• nope, i am a victim of circumstances beyond my control

• Nope. Nobody is the master of their own destiny. They like to believe it, they love to tell themselves that and look down on others for it, but it's nonsense.

People have very limited will, and they always have.

• I've earned everything that I've achieved.

• wake up -> eat -> sleep
    i'm living the life lmao

• I voted B. But I plan on changing to A soon. I want to be the master of my destiny now. I've held myself back long enough. I'm tired of letting circumstances control my existence.

• everyone's freedom was taken

• exactly.

• nowy bowie