Why is the sky blue?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

• Dude I just read a NASA article about that.

• My coworkers called me Medusa when I wore the snake in my hair.

• @LuckyLuce That's a very fitting nickname! You've turned my brain into stone at least, I need your old job and have fun

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 12

• chatwithigod. com

Me:
    hi
    God:
    Hello. What is your name?
    Me:
    Orangeboy
    God:
    I'm pleased to introduce myself to you, Orangeboy.
    Me:
    Why is the sky blue?
    God:
    The sky is blue because of the atmospheric optical effect known as Raleigh scattering.

There ya have it.

• Because the light is bent by the small particles in the air and the white light from the sun is split into all different colors but the blue light ends up directed towards us. when the sun is near the horizon the red orange and purple area of the color spectrum is directed towards us. basically its part of a rainbow being directed at us that determines the color of the sky.

• For the same reason that the sea is blue.

• The molecules that make up the atmosphere refract light at higher wavelengths. Blue is on the high end so the sky appears blue.

• diffraction homie

• because gawd has blue balls

• because that´s the wavelength of light that´s not eaten um by our atmosphere.

• It has to do with how photons disperses

• Because blue wavelength is too short and it stops at the air molecules that's why the sky is blue

• 0|0
  • It's not due to diffraction.

• because sapphire.