Are you close with your parents?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope... G@G Is more of my parent hahah!

What Girls Said 29

• I've always been very close to my parents. My father died last year and I still miss him every day. He was my best friend and I always turned to him for advice and guidance.

I'm very close to my too. I come from a large extended family and I'm close to all of them as well.

• Our relationship is kinda odd. It's a little like Stockholm syndrome for me :P If they weren't my parents, then I wouldn't want anything to do with them, we argue too much. But they are so I can't help but love them and try to remember they're doing what they think is best.

• Very close to both my parents, I love them equally, but I'm closer to my Mom because my Dad is always working and I don't get to see him a lot.

• My mum is dead. I get along great with my dad. I don't see him as much as I would like but I always like to spend time with him.

• I'm very close to my mom. My dad... eh, not so much, but I still love him.

• Definitely :)

• I'm not that close to them.

• yes.

• No not really

• No, my mom was busy with her social life, my dad left when I was 4 he got married 2nd wife, only my maid was close

• Somewhat? Not super close though. They tend to be very critical of me, my mom in particular. Mainly about my personality. They'll call me anti-social and selfish and it's really rude.

• My dad yes, my mom no.

• No way. I haven't talked to my dad in 3 years, and my mother is always at work.

• Yeah I am. I share more with my dad, than I do with my mom, but I am close with both.

• My father is EVERYTHING to me.
    My mother, however...

• Yup.

• my mum yes my father no

• Yes I'm

• With mom, yes. Dad, hell no

• yes I am...

• Just my mom.

• Not at all

• Yes.

• yeah i see them everyday :)

• With most things.

• As much as i need 😂😂😂

• yes, really close. We go out a lot together and I stay with them a lot

• With my mother yes, with my father no.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, I am. Contrary to some other cultures such as in Turkey or some Asian countries, we have more of a "natural distance" between children and parents here in central/northern Europe. But I think that probably applies for the US too.
    Apart from that natural distance, I have a great relationship with both of my parents. They're both awesome people and have a lot of love and care for me and my siblings. What I especially like about my dad is that contrary to most fathers I saw when I lived in the US, my dad is a really easy-going, relaxed type of guy. The dads in the US all seem so authoritative and eager to discipline their children and set rules and be strict and that kinda stuff. My dad (and my mom) always trusted me and my siblings, rather than showing the iron fist. I believe that made me into a mature person who doesn't need to live and think like a soldier or a monk to be responsible.

• Yes I am, I haven't lived near them but I talk pretty often

• Yes. I'm very close to them. <3

• Very very close lol

• Nope 😶

• Surely I am.

• Very close with both and I'd have it no other way!

• Yes, I'm very close to my parents.

• Only my mom

• not at all. Especially my mother. Please stay away from me!

• No, for lots of reasons.

• Yeah.

• nooooooo