Could you marry someone for a reason other then love?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah. i think i could marry someone who was an amazing friend to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• it has been done before and its still done in some cultures like arranged marriages for one reason or another. the couple might not love each other but they have to marry according to family traditions..

its bit old world for me but i dont think i have heard any real complaints about it unless its from a feminist group. but thats one of the few things i can agree with them on lol

What Girls Said 19

• comfort maybe?

• no. id rather stay single.

• I am perfectly capable of doing so, yes. I doubt I ever would though.

• No I couldn't.

• No way. I can't marry someone I don't romantically love.

• No way! I'd rather stay single than marry someone I don't love.

• Never.

• Nope

• nope not at all

• Simply putting it: no.

• Nah. I do it for love (P-holla reference cx)

• Nope. Gotta have love

• Yes obviously it could be for sex, or money or other things

• No, I'm not marrying anyone and even less someone I don't love

• no sss

• No, unfortunately I could never do that.

• Yes, sex. The reason people get married.

• Nope

• yeah for the money. idc judge me but i gotta look after me.

What Guys Said 16

• Yes and no. I'm in a long term relationship and my girlfriend and I are planning to get married in 2 or 3 years. Once we do get married, we will marry out of necessity (legally) as well as out of love.
    So if there's another reason on top of love, it's no problem. But if there is no love at all, I couldn't do it. Plus, it's illegal in my country to marry if you're not in love (because in that case the government has to assume that you're up to something bad).

• Thats the only reason to marry someone.

Marriage is about ownership of another person.
    If you really loved someone so much, why do you need to sign some documents, get the state and church involved?

• Ownership? No, marriage is about an emotional bond between two people, not ownership. That's why it's called "marriage" and not "slavery". You don't own your wife just because you're married to her. Only pets and inanimate things can be owned.

• No I wouldn't. I want to be in love romantically with a woman to marry her.

• Similar opinions , good personality, good intelligence, mugual sympathy could lead to a LT relationship.
    Marriage? Not at my age.

• The only way that would ever happen, other than being forced, would be if I had children and she was rich. Taking care of the kids would be paramount.

• I think I could, after all marrying for love is a relatively new trend. The thing is love is to marriage as a shovel is to digging a hole. You don't need it but it makes it a lot better.

• Religion, sex, and money. Love is one component but not the only nor even the primary motivator for me. And prior to the Enlightenment, it was not either.

• Not a chance, if I'm spending the rest of my life with someone, I need to be in love.

• Nope, couldn't be with someone I didn't love.

• nope, i dont think so

• On normal bases I don't think so

• Kids maybe, but even then, it's a big NO

• I would say looks or money, but that's just superficial and snobby. Love has no boundaries.

• Money, other means of gain, etc. Not that they're all right morally.

• I just realized they were asking would you be willing to ;o;.. No I wouldn't >.<

• Just marry multiple people.

• I've been trying to do that for immigration purposes but women are just too old fashioned. I might try a gay marriage, if I pay the dude I'm sure we could make it happen without the headache that women cause.

• lol that would be a great you tube video "tips on how to get a visa to stay in the us" lol

• holy crap that is pretty good deal but i still dont think i could but if i livedc in that co9untry i guess it would be ok if i did not want to die or something but it would have to be pretty damn drastic fore me to even consider it.

• May I ask, where are you trying to go?