What do you do when you just want to quit?

Is blind resilience better than calculated submission?
When is it okay to admit you've been beaten?

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually quit, but it has little to do with calculated submission; I just don't feel trying at all sometimes.

I'm thinking of it as a fight between two people. So, sometimes calculated submission is better, but rarely, since people don't usually tackle things they don't think they can handle to begin with.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say it's damn important to keep your perspective very wide in general! I tend not to stop until I've reached my intended goal, in most cases! BUT, it's just ignorant to think that way exclusively! You have to be able to know when you are in over your head! I don't necessarily consider that "beaten", quite the contrary. Beaten would be if you did not accept that when it was appropriate to do so!

Example: You might be an excellent cardiothoracic surgeon, but when things are not working properly, and you've tried over and over again, you NEED to know when to call for help or someone to replace you. Like when you're standing in an inch of blood that covers the entire OR floor or something! Not a good time to worry about pride/ego!

It is incredibly difficult and subjective to know when to draw such a line, and that is the crucial part of the question (s), which you've posed!

Ultimately, any virtue or quality that starts with the word "blind" can never be more intelligent than anything that starts with he word calculated! Shaking-off the need to submit leads to resilience I would say!

What Girls Said 4

• When it's something I don't really care about then I bs instead of quitting
    But when it's something important I power through even if it means I lose sleep and sanity

• You've only been beaten if you give up. Never give up

• I keep pushing myself and never give up.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 7

• Well, like the saying goes it takes a real man to admit when he's beaten. That statement became a reality for me when I took Intro to Zoology. I'd rather take physics than that crap.

• Quit what specifically or exactly?

• 1|0
  • when you think you can one up the person but there is no rel way of doing it, you just bow out let them have have there moment and you go on with life whatever that might be.

• I don't because no one ever got anywhere by quitting.

• I'm definitely a blind resilience person.
    #Neverfold

• I keep going, i'm not the most athletic on my sports team, but i'm not the worst either at least i dont think. People still hesitate to pass me the ball but i can do my job sometimes. I thought about quitting about i will look even worse if i quit.