Guys, why have you stopped chatting up women?

I remember 5-10 years ago, it seemed like guys were always chatting up women. But now it never happens anymore. Why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well
    1. I'm kinda shy
    2. I get anxious in social situations
    3. I lack confidence
    4. Women are always complaing about guys who approach them
    5. I just can't find the motivation. Most women have probably sent nudes, blown, and had on the first date with guys they barrely knew. Then they meet guys like me and put on the whole "hard to get"/ "Im not that kinda girl" act.
    Why do I want to go out of my way to ask a girl out, try to impress her, pay to take her on dates, and wait months for sex knowing they just do those things for free to random guys at parties and on tinder.

Id rather be one of those guys who gets it for free with no effort but I accept I dont have to looks, charm or confidence to be one of those guys so I just dont try.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always thought those who don't chat up women never did..🤔

What Guys Said 27

• It is a social thing. We would always hear women complaining about this guy who just came over to her and started talking. So we all just kind of stopped doing it. Honestly from my female friends they always enjoy it when a guy does randomly chat them up so to speak. Unless he acts like a creep then they enjoy the attention. Even when guys wolf whistle at them they like the attention because it is so rare that they get it and it gives them a nice laugh. Now will I go up to a random hot women that I like most likely not but that is because I'm a shy extrovert with introvert tendencies. In other words I'm shy until I get to know you. In a familiar group i'm an extrovert. When I need to work or study I'm an introvert that does not like to be interrupted. Back in the day I also learned from women when I would go chat them up that they really did not like it and were often really mean about it also.

• I believe most women now call them creeps or stalkers so most tend to stay away. I don't give a crap, i talk to whomever.

• Why?
    You can thank the feminists.
    The simple act of talking to a woman can result in a sexual harassment complaint and being accused of being a pervert and/or a psycho.
    There is a not insignificant number of women who have been brainwashed with the feminist perpetual victim mentality, who see all men as rapists and a simple 'good morning' as a declaration that the man intends to rape her.
    I am one of many men who have learned to treat women as invisible. It is the only safe course of action.
    Even that did not save me entirely.
    I was once the subject of a workplace sexual harassment complaint, because one of the resident feminists claimed to have 'felt harassed' by a snippet of a telephone conversation that she overheard. The conversation did not involve her, or anything that was in any way sexual.

• Feminism
    Tiring
    Often getting shot down
    Yeah, oh and the "civilizing" of those men
    being afraid due to rape allegations
    the list goes on
    too many cray cray women these days, much easier to avoid that mess of drama

• not clear on what you mean. you mean why hgave we stopped talking about women in social settings? I have talked recently about women out at dinner, I enjoy it.

If you mean someting else. please clarify.

• I'm speaking like one of those that you described.
    Some of us are just shy, some of us are just conscious because they know they are not attractive, some of us are just awkward while approaching, some of us try the "old friend way" and girls doesn't realize we're looking for a date and some of us are afraid that being rejected would mean basically ending ANY kind of relationship you have with the woman you like. Most of us, have all those things.

• Not exactly clear on what you mean? Like talking to you then stopping? Means we are moved on or not interested in you.

• you're getting old that could have a lot to do with it. i still chat up young women.

• because women have become such bitches over the years

• Changing gender roles play a role, as does the increased prevalence of digital communication -- which is making us socially inept.

• Social media. Human interaction is becoming increasingly rare because of it. Guys would rather follow women on Instagram than talk to them.

• Most women aren't worth talking to anymore

• I think the main reason would be the social media, it now happens there

• Its because men have become less aggressive when it comes to pursuing women
    also the internet and apps like tinder make finding partners easy, without the stress of interacting in person

• Who said I stopped?

• Forgive me but I'm not familiar with that phrase

• the women's attitude towards us men that's why

• Thots.

Thot Everywhere!

• don't care. buying gems.

• feminism, and women appear manly to me. Like whatever happened to the sweet girl sitting and having an ice cream, curling and twisting her hair. Its like you just wanted to go up to er and talk to her.

Now its like 99% of women look like they are going to eat you and the moment you try and do anything like opening a door or taking her out... its all about who pays and sexism, feminist politics.

Honestly i would rather sit alone and read something.

I don't approach anymore

• You are so so so wrong

• Feminism.

We don't like being accused of rape.

• They always act standoffish when you try to talk to them.

• Main reason:
    Social media and plethora of instant messaging platforms

Other reason:
    Fear of creep-zone

• Because it's pointless. Most of them either:
    1. Don't want to talk
    2. Will call you a creep
    3. Have nothing to talk about anyway

The risk/reward ratio was never great, now... it just doesn't make sense at all.

• Nothing stopping y'all from talking to us though. No? Not an option? Well never mind then.

• To some women a simple "hi" = harassment.

• Because women accuse men of sexual harassment for simply talking to them.

What Girls Said 1

• Is this why guys don't approach me ever? Or are you just trying to make us single girls feel better..

• I've seen with my own eyes guys trying to introduce themselves and chat with girls they find attractive. They build up courage, they walk up to them and even before they open their mouths the women completely walk over them. I remember a friend of mine had tears in his eyes after an encounter with such a harpy. I won't tell how many times I've approached a woman only to hear "Get lost!" or "I have a boyfriend!" even before I open my mouth. The only reason mankind is not extinct is because enough men still listen to their dicks in stead of their brains but as you can see this is changing.