Would you ever justify revenge?

For whatever reason. Be it for something petty like a dislike on social media or something as drastic as a murdered loved one.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted yes, but it would depend on what the revenge is and why you want revenge. Also I think it's more ok and normal if you simply had the opportunity to get revenge, instead of *purposely* get out of your way to get it.

I'll give you this hypothetical examples:
    1-Acceptable revenge: someone doesn't help you in a exam. Next time, they are the ones who need your help and you don't help them as a revenge.
    2-Another "ok" revenge: Someone is offensive to you. After some time, they need your help for a school work or something. You don't help them.

1-Unhealthy revenge: someone didn't help you during an exam. As a revenge you'll make everything you can so they'll lose all of their friends and girlfriend. (you're getting out of your way just to see them suffer)
    2-Unhealthy revenge: Someone kills your family, you kill their family too.
    (just because it's a revenge, doesn't mean it's ok).
    3-Unhealthy revenge: someone doesn't like you back in the same way. You will spread very bad lies about them.
    (stupid reason to get revenge).

I mean, I don't think revenge is healthy anyways. But I think is way worse if you get out of your way to get it. If we forget about movie characters and stuff, it kinda scares me if someone purposely gets out of their way just to get revenge. If that's the case, it's shows that you own too much hate and anger inside you, to the point of wishing bad to others and not living your life until seeing them suffer. That also shows agressivity. And there's nothing good about someone who focus so much on bad feelings, right?

• Wow finally someone who touched the subjecta matter I wanted to touh. The one about revenge killing the family. I'm actually writing a story about that, where the main character's family is killed and he seeks revenge except he does not intend to kill the murderer's whole family, just him alone. Even if the murderer has changed and is a family man now.

Do you think that would be justified?

• No, I was talking about an anime called "Shiki" :p

• Thanksfor MHO! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Revenge is immature and it shows that the other person has full control over your emotions and actions. It's better to analyze the situation, learn something from it, and move on.

• But what if your family was murdered?

• Well I don't think there is anything that could outright rival terminating one's existence. But that's besides the point. And I'm assuming you're implying rape. But either way, I'm not saying that you were wrong or anything, just asking, didn't the thought even cross your mind at least?

• Yes it did cross my mind man. Of course. I'm human. But I control my emotions, I don't let others control them for me

What Girls Said 8

• No! Everyone who said yes needs to grow up! Who made you god to seek revenge!

• You're not necessarily god for seeking revenge. I don't see the correlation there. What if someone killed your mother? You wouldn't want them dead?

• I think revenge isn't worth it in most cases, even the dislike on facebook. That dislike will be noticed and sends a message. That creates grudge. Grudge won't help you and may harm you. I know some people who instead of taking revenge take a step back and let life happen. If the other person struggles, they see it as karma and get satisfaction out of it. Even that seems off. I think it's better to just vent it out to a good friend and do nothing about it for the sake of revenge or else it kinda rips at your soul and goodness.

Only exception I can think of is legal punishment for a crime can be considered revenge, but it can also be seen as protecting others from being harmed as well so I think it makes that a bit more acceptable.

• If someone murdered my baby or boyfriend or other loved one, I might turn into a Michonne type bad ass.

• Lol good thinking. But where'd you find the katana? :D

• Well she did steal it from a museum or something like that :D

• Lol, I can't be a bad ass revenge seeking vigilante if the cops get me for stealing. But I had no idea she took it from a museum, that makes her even more bad ass.

• I voted no, but I'm also confused. Would WE be the ones disliking a status or killing their loved ones? Or are we getting revenge for THEM doing that?

• We're getting revenge.

• Oh, then I would if they killed a love one, but the revenge won't be as extreme as what they did. And, if they disliked a status, who cares?

• Yes, of course, revenge is a custom in my country ;)

• Revenge isn't the way, but I think it can be justified for some things
    I can't come up with something right now though, but ya

• No, I have never been vindictive or resentful. Letting go sets you free.

• I can justify it. That doesn't mean I think it's right.

What Guys Said 11

• I think that if you had absolutely nothing to lose, such as if you were dying from an illness that can't be cured anyway then you might not care about the consequences as much as someone that has something to lose by taking revenge. But remember, 2 wrongs don't make a right. But sometimes the law is just adequate and justice is only an illusion. You can try and shame the law for it's adequacy and act outside of it, but know and be aware of the consequences beforehand.

• Damn right and if you do me wrong or try to, imma fuck you up if possible LOL.

• Revenge is bad , and there is this quote if you seek revenge dig two graves one for you and one for whom you seek vengeance.

But I will always seek vengeance I am stubborn lol

• Yes, If someone kills my loved ones and the police won't help
    I will hunt them down and shoot them in a back alley

• I think in some cases it can be justified. For example, if somebody had their entire family brutally murdered right in front of them. I would certainly understand why they would want revenge.

• "Revenge Solves Everything." - Dishonoured

• 0|0
  • Anyone who plays games will.

• I don't believe revenge really solves any problems.

• Well don't you think revenge is a consequence of bullshit?