What does being 'successful' mean to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dictionary does that fine enough for me.

• Please... you responded to my question being a smart ass from the get-go you were not trying to be 'helpful.' If you were not trying to belittle me then choose your words wisely as they can easily be misunderstood on-screen.

• >_> This is interesting because it is actually probably the only time that I had no ill intent.

<_< Maybe I just give off that vibe of "ill intent".

Most Helpful Girl

• Others might disagree, especially since I didn't go to college/university but sometimes I feel like I've been successful. Everything I have in my life, I earned it on my own. I come from an extremely poor background. I moved out when I was 19, and I've slowly been accomplishing the little things as I go. I now make good money, have a very good savings account, just finished paying off my car and I am looking into buying my condo. I've done all this without help from family or friends. I moved an hour from everyone I know when I was 22.

Although, other times I do feel like I am a loser. I did just pay off my car, but because I was poor, I didn't actually get my license or a car until I was 25. I had no one in my family to teach me when I was 16 to drive. Any money I earned either went to buying things for school, or to help out my mom. So I am actually behind my age for that. I am also going to be 30 in September and I have never had a relationship and I am still a virgin.

So my definition of being successful changes, especially when it comes to myself.

What Guys Said 17

• Having all your shit together. Romantically/dating, career/Uni, financially, emotionally/mentally/physically, friends and family, etc

• To be successful has so different meanings in life. Be a good husband, be a good father, be your kids role nodels, be good at your career. Being successful is all those things but often times it's hard to do.

• Winning and Owning your own home

• Good health, Financial stability , a profession you love , people you love, admiration and a sense of achievement.

• I'll consider myself successful if I continue to live my life to please God first and foremost. After that, success in my specific situation would be defined as obtaining my MD and becoming a practicing Doctor.

• To be able to provide for myself and loved ones, and to be doing things I love (one of which being my job)

• Food on the table, warm dry place to sleep, smile on my face

• one defines success as when they achieved all their dreams and goals and thensome

• Making a lot of money and enjoying your career.

• having fun and not letting life push me down.

• Have a career. knowing your path. well established. Godly physique.. 8/10 girlfriend.

• Genuine happiness.

• Not starving :)

• Being able to pass the fecking exams I'm failing

• fucking 1000 women.

• Success is when I dispose of the body without getting caught

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• honestly to be truly successful you have to consider your health first of all. mental, physical, spiritual, and after that then you can consider other things such as money (saved in the bank) and stuff (house, cars) and also if you are into this a family (like at age 30, a husband and 2 kids). But if your health sucks and you are mentally unstable, you are physically hurting every day and you feel like you are spiritually drained then anything and everything else will not bring you happiness.

• To me it means being happy with ur life. Everyone has their own defintion. I personally don't think there are standards you have to achieve. If your happy with how things are in ur life then thats all that matters.

• Money! lol

• Being happy with where I am in life and having great relationships but still being an independent person who doesn't rely on anyone completely

• Being happy, making moolah

• $$$$$$$$$$

• achieving your goals.

• Real happiness + TRUE peace of mind.