Is it strange to go to the kitchen sink to wash your hands after you eat?

My boyfriend got mad at me for washing my hands in the kitchen sink... wth? that's where I normally wash my hands when I eat...

He wash them in the bathroom sink

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, ok, look, there's 3 levels of Things That Piss Yr Boyfriend Off.

1) Things that piss him off for totally justifiable reasons.

2) Things that piss him off for reasons that are petty, but that are understandable as individual quirks / idiosyncrasies / pet peeves.
    (hey, c'mon, we all have *something* that bugs us waaayyyy more than it rationally should)

and...
    3) Things that piss him off for ABSOLUTELY NO CONCEIVABLE SENSIBLE REASON AT ALL.

This one is DEFINITELY in category 3.

You eat in the kitchen.
    The kitchen sink accepts other food waste.
    Obviously, it is a legitimate place to wash food waste off yr hands -- just as you'd wash THE SAME food waste off plates, silverware, etc. Lmao.

I mean... ok. The shit in category 2 is what starts stupid fights. But this is in category 3, not category 2. This is SO stupid, and SO impossible to understand, that it wouldn't even annoy me -- it would just make me SOOOO AMAZINGLY CURIOUS!

I mean... I'm not even you, and I don't even know this guy, and I SERIOUSLY WANNA KNOW WHY he has this problem. I want to know. This is a puzzle, and I can't solve it, and it's bugging the shit out of me that I can't come up with even a single halfway reasonable explanation.

If I were you, I'd just ask him, out of genuine wonderment!
    "Dude!
    What the heck!
    I'm so curious! Did yr grampa lose a hand in the kitchen garbage disposal when you were little, or something?"
    LOL

Srsly -- don't even get pissed, just try to get to the bottom of this. This is SO WEIRD that there *has* to be some reason behind it. You might even get a quirky story about the boy's childhood out of it, ya never know.

• This is why I can't take you seriously.

• Oh, and --
      The kitchen vs. bathroom sink is petty, yes, yr right.

Which is exactly why HIS making it into an *issue* is NOT petty.

You see what I mean? It's such an unimportant crap thing. The LESS important something is, the MORE of a warning sign it is -- for yr relationship -- if he tries to control or restrict it.

If he's trying to control tiny little details that totally don't matter, that's something that you HAVE to bring out into the open RIGHT NOW.
      If you don't, then either (1) yr relationship will disintegrate, OR (2) you'll find yrself in an abusive relationship where he tries to micromanage literally every iota of yr life.

Srsly, this is pretty important. You should be laughing/smiling when you FIRST bring it up, but, it's important.

• Tx for the MH luv <3

What Guys Said 13

• It seems a little unusual. People are creatures of habit, and are taught to wash their hands in the bathroom so much, that just sorta becomes their go to place to wash their hands. I don't see why it would be an issue though if you washed them in the kitchen.

• I think he feels it's unsanitary due to washing fruits and veggies and other edible things in the kitchen sink. Who knows for sure, yet you should ask him to be sure. I was mine in the kitchen and the bath there's no preference for me, except when I've been doing automotive work, I'll use the garden hose as I don't want grease in my sinks.

• I don't understand why that would be an issue.

• He wash his hands in the bathroom sink after he eats...

• Does he have a life? Because it sounds like he cares too much about dumb shit.

• Or start an argument

• if im in the kitchen after eating thats whee i go why waste time going to the bathroom when your closer to the sink in the kitchen? its matter of what you like doing there is no rule that says its a must to use the bathroom sink.

• I wash my hands in the sink like 15 times a day So my hands are always clean, Its better hotter water then walking way back into a bathroom to always do it

• I have done it but more so in the bathroom sink. I think it is just the mental image that the kitchen sink is for dishes and it is more normal in the bathroom sink. That said, you may have done many more nights of dishes and are used to washing up after that while you are right there at the kitchen sink, so you are used to it and he may not be.

• I don't think it weird at all. When i'm done with my food, I go to the kitchen to put the dirty dish in, and then wash my hand (if needed).

Why the fuck he mad at you over it tho? What the big deal I don't see it.

• Exactly

• Well you know what the say... You never really know a person until you live with them. Most people act differently when they are in the comfort of their home vs outside in public.

I don't think this is a deal-breaker per say, but this is definitely something to be wary of.

• That's stupid for him to be mad about that. I wash my hands in the kitchen sink probably 50% of the time in a day.

• Wtf? Who cares? as long as you wash them and they are clean.

• No. And your boyfriend sounds like he probably doesn't bath either.

• He apparently washes his hands in the bathroom sink

• Just because it's his place doesn't mean he can tell you where to wash your hands. He doesn't own you. Just dump him, he already sounds like a headache.

• He made me feel bad said it with such a may tone too.

• wtf.

• Your boyfriend must have autism

• Your boyfriend sounds like a control freak, why is this an issue? It's a completely trivial matter.

What Girls Said 14

• I Made it a Habit Hard to Break when I was out in Egypt and after every Meal Deal... I washed my hands in the bathroom sink.
    Now after eating, When I am home, I go to the sink and wash the dishes right away so this is in essence "Washing my hands" so I don't have to use the bathroom to wash Them... Unless of course, I need to Do something else.
    No Matter what Sink you use, Both should be Disinfected anyways.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Why are you dating a guy who gets mad over where you wash your hands?

• It's niw I see this

• He did make me feel bad when he told me to... said it with a nasty tone

• Honey, he's getting mad at you for NOTHING. what happens when something actually bad happens?

• I do that too
    Wasn't aware there were people out there who only wash their hands on the bathroom sink lol

• Your boyfriend has issues. Wash your hands at any sink you want.

• I wash them both places

• Okay, that's completely stupid. You wash dishes in there with your hands and it does the same thing. That's such a weird thing to get upset about.

• It's not strange since there are people who do it. I consider it unusual though because the kitchen sink is only for washing dishes, vegetables, and fruits.

• No. Your boyfriend is fuckin ocd.

• Umm I always wash my hands in the kitchen sink. Tell him they even make kitchen hand soap 💁🏼

• I don't see the problem.

• It is extremely weird to wash your hands in the sink after dinner. Simply walk to the bathroom and wash them in the toilet.

• I do that all the time! I probably wash my hands more in the kitchen sink than anywhere else!

• I do that too, not weird to me.

• I never heard about washing your hands after you eat