Is anyone else disgusted by people killing lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, etc. and then taking pictures with the dead bodies?

I avoid seeing it as much as possible, but sometimes they come up on a Facebook feed and it's just so distasteful and sickening to me. I've visited countries in Africa, and I love seeing different animals there running, hunting, relaxing, and just alive. They're beautiful to watch in action. I don't understand people's joy in ending their lives, it's so sad seeing them all still and lifeless.

Most Helpful Guy

• Especially when they are smiling in the picture. I don't relate to wanting to kill an animal for sport like that. Like it's difficult or an accomplishment to put a gun and pull a trigger 1/2 an inch.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea it's disgusting, I don't know which human in their right mind would think its okay. Especially those who call it sports. Sports is not harming another being for the sake of your entertainment. And to think it's okay in certain places around the world. These animals can't defend and speak for themselves like us humans can and therefore that automatically gives plenty humans to the right to kill them because they won't be stopped. I hate it

What Guys Said 15

• You're priorities are warped. I just saws picture from Sierra Leone of a naked teenager on the beach who'd been raped and murdered. And then some slime ball uncovered her to get a juicy pic of the dead body with exposed genitalia to circulate throughout the world. We are HUMAN! Created in the image of God!

• Don't be like that. We need both.

Where you are a staunch defender of your kin we need those who would stand and defend those who also have no voice but are the creatures of God. Is it not our charge as it was Adam and Eve's in the Garden of Eden to care for the animals of the Earth?

There is more than one calling, no? Perhaps instead of being called to your unit she is called to another.

• That kind of view won't enamour people to your cause. All life should be respected. Not seen simply in terms of utility to humans.

• @Levin - I'm not the one with a cause, Levin. Beyond this, I have very high regard for all God's creation. I do not; however, confuse animals with humans.

• Hunting sickens me.
    Anyone who feels the need to kill an animal to prove to themselves and the world that they are are a man (and the occasional woman) is mentally ill, in my opinion.
    A person does not have to be brave to shoot a creature that cannot shoot back.

• Yes. I have no problem hunting game animals for food and sport as long as the animal is respected and eaten. Hunting endangered animals is wrong and so is rich men paying thousands so they can shoot a lion at long range so they can play the great white hunter. I've known hunters coming away with no kills at all because they couldn't find a game animal of the right size or because they couldn't get a clean shot or because they had already shot an animal that day.

• Not really especially when there are far more serious things happening in the world.

Also it's called big game hunting and while I don't necessarily agree with it because unlike my kind of hunting big game is for pure sport, and focuses around endangered animals not hunting common animals for meat and skins as it is one of the many reasons god put creatures on this earth.

But your priorities are kind of warped, especially when there are terrorists posting videos of being being burned and drowned alive and being executed through decapitation and then they get away from it Scott free.

• Ah, so I should have added *by the way terrorists burning and drowning people is horrific!* in order to post this opinion and have my "priorities" right. Got it. Apparently since there are awful things happening in the world to humans we can't talk about anything else with disgust until that's over. Which will be never.

• Alright chill the attitude sweetheart, yes it's sad and unfortunate but there are bigger fish to fry.

• I agree with you on this. It's beyond me why people would want to kill these amazing animals.

• I've got a rule, don't hunt anything thats endangered,
    So yeah it bothers me, and I plan to go hunting sometime

• I only kill insects.
    I never had a photo taken after a succesful mosquito one slap kill.

• I'm not interested in hunting.

• "I never had a photo taken after a succesful mosquito one slap kill"
      Really,
      Cause there was this one time that I hit a mosquito and it must have fed before because blood splattered all over my arm. I just had to get a picture

• Yeah it's repulsive. Fortunately some of these animals are taken to shelters in safe zones so they won't go extinct. As for the illegal hunters, they're digging their own graves.

• Yes I'm disgusted by all of that. You forgot to mention giraffes in the list because that makes me angry the most 😡

• Yea, I hate that. They're poaching endangered/threatened animals for their horns/skin/fur to sell on the black market probably because of their demand for bullshit fake medicine scams

• They're poaching elephants and rhinos in Africa because of the (mistaken) S-E Asian belief that their defenses and horns work better than Viagra when reduced to powder.
      These years they started poisoning these animals to prey on the corpses.

• Yeah I hate rednecks

• No I love it.

• Yes its disgusting.

• Yea I do. Wish more could be done about it

• Yes it's disgusting. Unfortunately theirs little to no laws and police in those countries.

What Girls Said 4

• yes! so gross! i see people on my facebook who do it with bucks. i hate it so much! :(

• Yes I hate that

• Yeah. It's classless and they should be ashamed.

• Yes!! I hate those fucking idiots!