What do I do about my dog?

My dog is a male chihuahua and he is starting to leave and not coming back until the next day hurt really bad :( he finds a way out of his cage and collar that we leave tied to a pole... Today we put a collar tied to a pole and when we came back he broke it or some other dog did.. My sister found him with a group of unhealthy looking dogs and cats... When I saw him his penis was throbbing and I held him and he screams when I hold a place where his ribs are... My male cat did this as well and he never came back.. I don't want my dog to leave. My dad doesn't want to give him away nor to a shelter.. We only have the choice to take him to the vet but we don't have money... How much would it cost though? Otherwise what should I do.. Please help !! Oh and by the way I keep putting the subject other but it constantly changes to sexual behavior I'm sorry

I kept him chained once bc I didn't know what to do !

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not cool to tie a dog to a pole, consider keeping him inside at night or get a cage for him perhaps at a thrift store if he is not house trained. Getting him fixed is an option too when you have the money. Small dogs like that can get themselves into a real mess with bigger dogs so keep an eye on him.

• please read the update about the pole thing and i have a cage for him

• Not beating you up her sweetie. I just think that animals that size would be better off indoors at night, and if he is not house trained I'd keep him in a cage over night, my sister had to do that with a shelter dog she got as her dog had been abused so she was too timid to use the restroom outside. I want you and your pet to be together for many years and for you to enjoy him without having to worry if he is hurt or missing.

• Thank you for MHO!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Your dog has probably been in heat, that means he's into a mating phase, and he smelled a chick and ran to her, its possible this chick was a big dog, or just bigger than him and hurt him during there "time" together, i would try and find out who, or what dog it was, try and get it to a shelter, and get you dog into the vet, especially if the female dog he mated with was big, and is you dog fixed? If not make sure the female is ok, and all that. I dont know what to say about the money for the vet, im very sorry for you dog, and your cat

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• Do you leave him outside at night?
    If you do maybe you should start keeping him inside instead. Sounds like he's going out and having fun at night but the type of fun that's a bit dangerous lol

• I think so too lmao but thank u I will try that

• Lol e don't play with toys he rather play with shoes an household items.. Especially trash 😂

• LOL that's kinda annoying but also super cute

• You chain your dog to a fucking pole? I'd run away too. Can't you get him a fence or kennel or crate?

• I said he has a cage a bed and everything but he ends up escaping so it was just today that we tied him but that doesn't work either so we aren't doing it anymore

• Train your dog to not leave the yard, or stay outside during that time. If he trys to pull the collar off, and/or leave the yard, correct him, otherwise he won't learn. If this is new, there might be a female dog that is in heat nearby.

• House train him and keep him inside. I think he is getting into trouble when he escapes.

• Get a fence and take that dog off of the pole. He doesn't deserve that. I would probably run off if it was stuck chained to a pole all day. Supervise him and make sure there isn't any way for him to get out of the house and yard

• There is ways and I can't be at home all day he will leave either way :(

• What's that

• Fence, something to block an exit with. If you care about a dog and have the responsibility of owning a dog you need to honor that and have to have the means of providing for it.

• Can't he stay in the house while you're gone?

• Not sure if trolling or legit...
    If it's legit, pretty please refrain from having any pets in the future.