Do you like to smile in your selfies?

I have noticed that some individuals don't really like their smiles or have other reasons they don't smile in pictures. If you are that person, can you tell me why?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I smile or I will look like a psychopathic serial killer. My sister says I am the definition of resting bitch face.

• To a large fraction of people, RBF is irresistibly sexy. You *do* know that, right?

Also, it has its own chunk of advantages:
      qz.com/.../

Trust me, I'm like "resting icy stare", to such an extent that it's practically "resting cryo-beam stare". It has done me many favors in life.

• @redeyemindtricks that was an interesting article and all very true at least for me. Let's hope my passport photo which is the definition of RBF does me a favorite at airports.

• ahahhah when I came back from Brazil last month, I looked SO GOOD on that temporary white slip you get from the automatic-customs-machine. I stared that shit down like a CHAMP, and I looked so hotttt that I almost turned myself on, even though it was a pixelated dot-matrix monochrome thingy on glossy paper.
      I was actually pissed that I had to cough it up at the exit (pictures are strictly not allowed anywhere in between -- they'd confiscate my phone if I tried, or at least that's what they *should* do. Didn't wanna risk it)

In any case, when I first met my husband (16 1/2 years ago) it was obviously way before this whole RBF thing was a thing, but, I remember him telling me that one of the things he found sexiest about me was my "bring it" face.
      Bring-it face looolll
      Sounds about right.
      <3

What Guys Said 17

• Nope, I can't fake a smile for anything, #InB4 @charismatic110

• I try to but I look like shit with or whitout smyling :D

• I don't, it's really awkward, cause I feel fake.

• I am honestly afraid to smile because I am insecure about it, but I've been told countless times that smiling actually makes me a lot more attractive.

• As a grown-ass man I try to refrain from taking selfies. It happens every once in a while, but it's not something I do very often.

• Yes, I am smiling in my profile pic. Can't you tell?

• I smile when it naturally comes and I don't when I don't feel it.

• Yeah I typically do.

• no... it usually doesn't look very natural for me so I don't like it

• I like to get shirtless and flex baha

• I don't look good while smiling

• nah i'm serious af all the time

• I do.

• i prefer to not take a selfie

• I laugh in mine

• newer ever made selfie so I don;t have to say

• Not really.

What Girls Said 21

• No, I don't normally smile in my selfies because I think my smile looks fake and cheesy. I make silly faces more often than not.

• nope! But I try!

• I'm definitely not that person lol. I smile in pictures all the time. It's IRL that I have resting bitch face.

• I don't think I have very good smile.. plus I feel like a fake smile is not nice..

• I do

• I do smile in them because I'm always happy

• Me = Part time model= The absolute LAST thing I ever want to do, see or waste time on, is a selfie.

Nature is MUCH MORE beautiful x 100000000000000.

• Yes.

• I don't ever smile in my pictures (cause chipmunk cheeks) but I smile all the time irl.

• I do like to smile in mine.

• Don't like to fake smile

• Sometimes. I normally make faces...😜

• No but I look miserable if I dont smile even when I am miserable I dont want to show that in a pic.

• Not really, ur smiling at a phone XD fake smile XD

• Ain't nobody got time for fake smiles.

• yeah, i do

• Oh yeah, I smile in ALL my selfies :)

• i love my smile and to smile during selfie

• I don't smile without a reason so I just put a sympathetic face on to take pics

• I can smile but it looks so contrived I make myself cringe when i look at the photos...

• Sometimes.