How do you manage to organize your life?

Ya know get Stuff done. I am thinking about buying a reward chart and an eat chart and sticky notes to plan my stuff! I am just tired of being disorganize... and i want to plan my meal properly without mess up.(trying to lose weight) How do you organize your life and getting everything you need to do done. Like: cleaning, wash clothes, hw, studying, workout, appointment, and finding places to socialize.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would get me an organizer, then make a daily plan or hourly plan as in meals or things to do, you probably could find an excel spread sheet, that could help, just remember to look at it or print it out at the beginning of each week, also get an accountability partner, someone that will keep you on track for your goals and make those goals easy to achieve, such as daily or weekly, don't force something long term into a short period.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like keeping a schedule during weekdays and for the same I utilize some freely available apps for offline mode in mobile or tab.
    -For To-Do Lists: Wunderlist (Division of list into Work, Academics, Personal, Groceries, Exercise, Misc. tasks, etc)
    -For exercise in specific, stick a small full year calendar on wall which where I tick a "right" if I did exercise that day (Divided into cardio and Strength training)
    -A diary to keep specific list to plan meal for entire week, which has to be done in weekends. Like soaking the beans, washing and wrapping the veggies in fresh wraps, etc.
    -For managing the research I need to complete, I have a work calendar online which includes reaching at the workplace time, tasks to be done in that day, emails to be written, results to show and going back at home.
    -Social life is scheduled on my desktop google calender which notifies me before 3 days about the social engagements for weekends (which involves working in the bar).
    -During all this I NEVER forget scheduling the time when I talk with my family and friends since you are going nowhere if you forget your roots :) Always remember family while organizing life because there is no life without them. Good luck dear.

What Guys Said 15

• Personally - like most men I would argue - I don't use any kind of calendar or schedule planner or sticky notes etc.. I just rely on my memory and on my normal habits. I wouldn't say I'm the most organized person but being a little disorganized also doesn't stress me out. I'm very easy-going (a character trait which I got from my Greek dad) and so I try to stay relaxed even if something unplanned happens.
    In the case of house chores, my girlfriend and me mostly do stuff whenever they need to be done. If it's dusty, we vacuum, if the bathroom looks dirty we clean it, if the trash can is full we empty it etc. In the case of laundry, we have to sign up for it in advance because we live in an apartment building with one laundry machine for the whole building (8 families). This is very normal here in Switzerland. Usually, we always do our laundry on every other Saturday.
    As for cooking: I don't really have to plan my meals. Luckily, I am a good cook and quite creative. Good ideas for nice meals come pretty easily to me and then I just have to go shopping and get all the ingredients. Usually I go shopping on my way home. Because I commute by train, I have time enough on my way home to think about my dinner ;-).
    University: I usually just do things according to how much they stress me. For example if I have to write a paper and I only have a couple of weeks left, I naturally feel very stressed about it. This renders a stick note completely unnecessary. I would be freaking out about the submission date anyway, so I automatically sit down every day and work on it ;-).
    Finally, doctor appointments: here I admit, I'm a tiny bit of a macho. I have a lot of doctor's appointments to go to and I usually tell my girlfriend to write them down for me. I sometimes jokingly tell her that she's both my girlfriend and my secretary ;-). Of course I could write them down myself too but I'm simply too lazy (yes, I admit that). Plus, she's very good at reminding me on time and she doesn't really mind doing this for me, so it works great for me :-).

• Im not one of those people who writes out a detailed plan, but i would say im pretty organized. I write down my deadlines for whatever in a reminder list and they are listed chronologically as to which comes first. I also have side notes as to other things i may want to plan but haven't solidified yet.

I always plan out in my head about how much time i will need to do things and if that means getting something done early then i will. And i always factor in scheduled tasks and buffer times. So for example if i need to do study for an assignment or whatever i always give myself a lot of buffer time to do it so that if something unexpected pops up, i still have time to do it.

For exercise i have a schedule and workout program that i usually stick to. If you dont have a plan of exactly what exercises you will be doing and when then its likely that you'll just forget about it. Always stick to a schedule.

As for food i dont calculate calories or anything like bc i dont really need to. But i do make smart choices as to what i eat. I dont like sugary foods artificial foods. I actually like the natural foods better not only bc its healthier but i actually think it tastes better.

• Organize your life by organizing your mind. Clear your mind by clearing the trash and quieting the noise. If your thoughts are scattered everywhere you will not be organized. Healthy diet, exercise and meditation will be a very good start. Once you clear your head, everything else becomes obvious. It becomes much easier to just do what needs to be done without thinking much about it, and without making excuses.

Of course that's easier said than done, but it works.

• That kind of planning, charting, uh, I can't do it!! It KILLS all creativity!!! You have to find a way to live life as it happens!! Don't get bogged down in some plan, some schedule, or you miss so much!!

• My "life" is all too simple. Living with my parents and having no ability to change that, every day is the typical housework my parents constantly remind me to do. Aside from that, I eat, nap, or play video games. (Even though I have two siblings living here as well, neither can ever play with me so I spend every single day all by myself except for dinner and Church...)

So how do I manage to organize my life?

I don't.
    Until my epilepsy can be fully cured, my parents will continue to organize my entire life aside from what I choose to do in my free time.

• I live by my iphone. Everything is in their, and I make reminders that come up and hit in the head sometimes if I forget!

• One step at a time putting one foot in front of the other.

• Just looking at the calendar made me tired to much organizing *falls asleep*

• I keep a journal/planer where I make to-do lists. Listing all the most important ones as "A", the secondary important tasks as "B" and the ones that I ought to do when I have time as "C"

• I don't everything is random.

• my life is a mess.

• It's all random chance unless I'm cleaning.

• I just do what I do and then rest just falls into place and sometimes I have to remind myself what I am gonna do that day so I don't forget later

• Oh, that's a secret.

• I don't : i go with the flow

What Girls Said 9

• Being a Perfectionist, @apple24, It just comes Naturally to this Wise ol Owl.
    Good luck and Great work. xx

• I keep to a routine. How I started, cannot remember.

All I do is type a memo on my phone for my meal plan. Then a 2nd memo for what groceries I need.

• I 'm very disorganized myself.. I think the most important ability (in which I lack for the moment) is to be able to tell which things you absolutely have to do today, do those first in order of importance, then do all the things that aren't very important, or reward yourself with some free time to do whatever you want.

• I have a purple calendar/diary with sticky notes for things I need to get done. When it's done I cross it off or scribble it out.

• *with a funny/cokcy expression* Bitch please, I don't organize it at all, it's just neatly messy. :D

Every time I try to be organize, it becomes unorganized but still look clean.

• I rely heavily on my memory.

Also, spreadsheets and Google calendar reminders are love.

• Everything kinda just happens spontaneously lol

• Ya know... I don't know. If I know I have shit to do then I get it done. Lol!

• I still can't get my shit together