Why aren't humans microchipped?

We microchip our cats and dogs, but why don't we microchip humans?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why? We're already being followed by the thousands of CCTV cameras, our laptops, our phones... I'm pretty sure even the credit cards with the chips allows them to track us.

We're already being tracked, no need to insert a microchip in me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because, unlike dogs and cats, humans aren't owned by anyone. We don't have owners who need to register us in any sort of ministry in order to regulate that we've been neutered/spayed, received our vaccinations, etc..

We're self-regulating and self sufficient, dependent on nobody but ourselves once we've reached adutlhood.

What Guys Said 13

• We are, you just don't realize it. What do you think happens when the UFOs come and abduct us? They're implanting chips so they can track us and learn our behavior just like we do when we tag wild animals.

southpark.cc.com/clips/103409/80-foot-satellite

• Uhm... Why the fuck would you want that shit inside of you?

• Because we have computer and cell phones for the Government to keep track of us.

• Because we are not animals.

• Yes we are. If you don't believe me, retake science class.

• That isn't the definition of an animal. According to Wikipedia, "animals are multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia (also called Metazoa). All animals are motile, meaning they can move spontaneously and independently, at some point in their lives. Their body plan eventually becomes fixed as they develop, although some undergo a process of metamorphosis later on in their lives. All animals are heterotrophs: they must ingest other organisms or their products for sustenance" — humans fall under this, and are thus animals.

• @93stepsawayfromhome If you consider yourself nothing more than an animal, who am I to stop you. Just be careful. Act like an animal and you will be treated as an animal.

• because that could lead to all kinds of horrible things

• Like what?

• like tracking people, controlling their minds, remote assassinations. if we were lucky it would only be by the government but more likely any cyber-terrorist with a cell phone could do it

• That opens the door to all new levels of government control. Nothing good would come from that.

• We can/do.

• We probably already are for all we know.

• No actual reason.

• Yeah I like my privacy so no thanks.

• Because humans can find themselves

• Who says we aren't...

• Then the government will find a way to track everyone, it's a bad idea.

What Girls Said 6

• Because it's expensive, several people have metal allergies, and the chips are prone to hacking.

• Invasion of privacy

• Because we think we are special and it's somehow immoral to do that to a person.

• I don't like the idea of people being able to track my movements.

• basically you are stalking the person you microchip

• I think because animals don't have the same rights we do