Why do people think this is weird?

when I'm starting to get to know some through online, I wanna really get to know someone and if it's been a day or so people would ask for my Instagram and I would give it to them, to talk on there and when they request me I don't accept it or decline it, I'm the type of person I wanna get to know them before accepting because I have personal photos on there and I don't want to chance them doing something, I've had weird experience before with a guy and people tell me I'm weird and that they don't have time for bs. I think my reason is valid. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing bad
    It's fine 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• By Accepting here, dear, It is a way to get to Know someone better and then to Decide... If you should Decline or keep them Online.
    Followers cannot get to me through a message on Gag if I don't "Accept" them, And if I do, It is a Great way to Say.. Hey. And if not to my Liking then "Nah."
    On your own end, If there is a way to get to know them First, Then go ahead and Feel them Out... First.
    I don't call this 'Weird,' but Today... Cautious.
    Good luck. xx
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• Being careful online is just a good idea, It's a perfectly valid reason.

• Yes you're right

• Yea, I don't give people my instagram either, I have pretty weird pics up there.

What Girls Said 3

• It's weird that you give it to them and then not accept the request. If you plan on doing that you should just tell them upfront that you would prefer to get to know them on the app/site before giving out more personal ways to contact you.

• You're not weird

• I also do this. Better safe than sorry. Our social media accounts contain a lot of personal information about us and the ones we love. If people can't accept your reasoning then you know they had actually no interest in really getting to know you.