Do you keep a diary/journal?

I periodically get rid of mine in nice, spectacular ways after I finish them. I've kept the one I have since 2014 and after I read it front to back, I'm planning on festively lighting it up in a contained fire :D can't wait, maybe i'll make some s'mores
Do you keep a diary/journal?

• Yes
  • I have in the past but not now
  • No
  • I haven't but now I want to :D
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• My journal cover would have to be like this.
    www.walleyesinc.com/.../...trollingproeditionb.jpg
    I don't keep one though because it would be dangerous in the wrong hands.

• lmaoo y u playing bruv, "pro edition"? more like "beginners guide"

• nuh uh u livened this place up with ur easily insult-able post lmaoo don't think i'm gonna let u live this one down, that savage aim at my life gives me automatic free reign to joke on the next opinion of yours i see fit

• Uh oh. A wise man quits while he's ahead *deactivates acc*

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do, however I am not consistent with it and only write when I am in terrible woes and need to vent. Then I write in it for a while and then eventually become fine again and stop writing for 1-2 years and then I will write again for a period of time and so it goes. I bought one in 2012 and began writing then... But hadn't written since 10 years before that, when I was 12... When I was a kid, I had a journal... I think I started at around 8, then stopped then began again at 12 and continued until 13-14-15... then maybe stopped and began when I was 22-23 again... Im now writing in it again (this month) but hadn't written anything in the past few months/year. Sometimes I like to update it but there are certain things I DONT write... because I find them even TOO personal for my diary and if anyone ever reads it, I would never want them to know... So there are things I will even take to my grave that only I (& those who experienced it with me) will know.
    For the rest, I write much... and sometimes, tehre is tooo much to write and i get tired/lazy and so I stop.. It is often all having to do with relationships and people. :)

• Do u write good things too?

• u deserve it :D <3

• Haah aww thanks! :D you're sooo sweeet! ^_^ haha thanks! :D :D ahha <3 <3

What Guys Said 12

• Mmm. Do you really want to burn it? I kept some when I was a teenager on websites like Xanga or JournalSpace. I kinda regret deleting all of them.

Sometimes I write down incidents or occasions. I have a bad memory, so it's good to have a reference point. And it is kinda therapeutic. When you write shit, it sorta gets it out of you. Like you're carrying something all the time, then when you write it down, you're able to put it down. Er. I guess burning it is another way to get rid of it. So, yeah. But I just use iPhone notes, then back it up to the cloud. I occasionally write something, but not on a consistent basis.

• i don't write consistently either which is why a small notebook lasted 2 and a half years lmaoo i do like getting rid of them, i make sure to read it multiple times before hand tho. it's a tradition for me, a warped way of getting rid of my 'past self' lmao

• Ah gotcha. That makes sense.

• No but I write a lot of my thoughts down on my phone. I also have an obsession with making lists for everything down to what kind of food I can buy for different kinds of occasions.

• a phone diary is soo much better but i have a habit of accidentally breaking phones so notebooks are a better option for me lmao

• Actually I don't want to back up - half of the fun is making the list xD

• I've my phone in a life proof case, but I did crack my computer when it fell off of my bed

• Lol you're burning your journal? Isn't the point to keep it

• not for me, it's symbolic lmao moving forward and all. also i don't want evidence :P

• lol i want evidence for if I become really popular and die, they can then make a movie about me haha and people will get to know the "REAL" me... and be totally shocked of how I actually am vs what I show or what they ssaw :) hihihi @Asker.

• @kat_gran lmaoo that means ur journal is decenr enough to read

• No all INFO is in my head

• I keep a record of all of my most insightful thoughts.

I'm 27 years old, the first quote is dated in Oct of 1997, and the latest quote is four pages from that and dated Nov of 2015. It boggles my mind... billions of thoughts broiled down into a little more then a dozen worthy of record.

I could never burn it... it's the sort of thing you keep your entire life and then give to a loved one or donate to a museum/university when you die.

• Lool would a museum rlly take it?

• There is nothing of explicit content and it doesn't talk about personal experiences or my emotions if that is what you're asking... however it often does derive itself from moments of personal resistance and thus it's not as if I leave it on my coffee table for anyone to happen upon it.

What it is... you come across a thought that changes your perspective of a fundamental experience like a bad brake or an identity crises... that singular thought that brought about a new understanding is what I would right down.

• that's cool, i write that down too... among other things. no barriers which is why it's going into the trash bin fire lmaoo

• Nope, all my secrets are locked away in my head. I have an exceptional memory so there is no need to write them down anywhere or anytime.

• Nope, never did.

• nope, not my thing

• naah, i got no time for that. lol

• I wanted to but it never took off, I barely wrote in it.

• it'll be cool to look back on when u get older, teenage years are the most interesting ones to read about

• I always keep a journal

• Why u burn them its part of who you are.. I dont write it but i do write a story about a character who live similar stuff like me its my way to deal with stuff that happens and the changes around me.. Lol its like a rollercoaster ride... I started to write it almost 8 years ago and still didn't finish.. Its crazy sometimes when im living a moment i wonder how it would be in the novel like im detached from this reality.. Im writer and writers are crazy.. However i dont work as a weiter..

• that sounds metacognitive (thinking of thinking) which makes u smart by default :D i burn em because i would rather not keep them, u should try it. it's insanely gratifying to just get rid of a book filled with insecurities, heartache and past mistakes. it feels like i'm getting rid of all those emotions when i'm writing it but when the book is gone, then they're gone forever. weird lmao but it works for me

• I do that! I wrote a story that progressively took the character from a happy kid with a great life to a beaten down one, who was broken, and yeah it was great to write about

What Girls Said 19

• I used to when a teen growing up., @chintita but Not now.
    There was a Time though that mom got to my Diary and it was not Exactly... The Diary of Anne Frank, To be quite Frank. I had a lot of explaining to do...
    I advise any girl who is still living under her mom and dad's Rule of Roof Thumb... Do not be Dumb.
    Good luck and Great question. x

• LOL!! Evidence.. good girl. xx

• lmaoo not exactly the diary of anne frank, that's exactly how i feel. how'd anne frank keep it so PG anyways :/ i was okay even when i was a teenager because my parents weren't snoopy at all

• LOL!!! My parents only call now if they have not heard from me... I didn't have THAT pleasure back then. xxoo

• Yes. I've always kept one. Since I'm a sentimental person, I don't think I could bring myself to burn them all, no matter how foolish or embarrassing my entries are. If I am still here in 10 years, I will read through every single one of my journals.

• I have kept many many diaries. It's something fun for me to do but also therapeutic. I should totally get another and do it again.

• No, but I've been thinking of starting one again.

• u should, it's really gratifying to see the way you change across the entries

• No, I don't have one. I like the idea of having a dairy though. Maybe I should have and write all the positive things that happened throughout the year from start to finish. Since we are half way through 2016 already, I'll start on my dairy next year.

• So far, I wrote three journals. But don't keep them anymore.
    And I'm thinking about writing another.

• I did keep one or two when I was younger, but I never kept up with them.

• I don't keep a diary par say, but it's more a dream diary now and whenever I get either a particularly interesting or horrible dream I write it down. The only other time is I like to keep holiday journals, cus it's cool to redo your holiday in your mind.

• I do have one, but I usually get too lazy to write in it everyday.

• I used to and have about 25-30 of them stocked underneath my bed from when i was 12 until 18 haha. Its fun reading back on my middle and high school days :) I dont write in them anymore tho.

• I don't and wouldn't have any idea on what to write.

• u just let the emotions free, half my pages are ugly sketches lmaoo

• Yes. I have a journal.

• i have in the past but now, it's too difficult to keep one and hahaha ur burning it? that's crazy but hilarious

• I had once but not now. Though I am planning to keep to keep it again its always mesmerizing to revisit those emotions and feelings once again...

• I did when I was younger... scary shit ! Don't read it ! The scariest Horror show I ever seen... read.

• Yes I do still write from time to time on it! When I need to blow up or need to tell someone a secret it's on my journal😉

• No. I don't need people knowing my business.

• Nope, but I know my youngest daughter has one. However, I neither look in it.

• I understand the feeling. I have an anger journal that I sometimes write my deepest darkest violent thoughts in. It helps me keep being sane. Sometimes I feel like burning ithe. If anyone besides me read it I'd be put away.

• lmaoo yea same, i'd be so embarrassed if anyone read mine. pretty R rated stuff in there..

• well shit :D tf did he write in there? haha

• Lol. I have no idea but he also drew some dark and violent stuff. But he never did any of the stuff he drew or wrote about from what she told me.