How often do you wash your clothes?

I have six pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans, each going into the dirty clothes basket after four wears.

I wear two pairs of boxers with each pair of shorts and jeans, so boxers (and socks) go in the basket after two wears.

I put shirts in the basket after two wears, and hoodies and sweaters after four, since I wear undershirts with them.

I wash all my clothes every four weeks.

Most Helpful Girl

• We have 5 people in this house, including 2 young athletes and another younger soon-to-be-athlete... and one of those weird-o eco-friendly front-loader washers. (California drought, y'all.)
    So... our washer is ALWAYS running.
    Four of us -- everyone except the 5-year-old -- are competent, so, literally, the washing just "gets did". It just happens.

We don't use the dryer nearly as much, though. Basically nothing goes through there except underwear. We hang everything else so that it doesn't fade, shrink, rip, or deteriorate in whatever other way.

Oh, and, nice denim? NEVER wash it. Never ever ever.
    A true fashionista puts her denim in the freezer.
    Yes, I'm serious -- that's how you clean "nice" denim that's just been subjected to normal wear. I shit you not. Google it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, so if you wear a pair of shorts (or jeans) 4 times before washing them, and 2 pairs of boxers goes with each pair of shorts (or jeans), that means you're wearing the same underwear on more than one day. That's gross.

• My thoughts exactly.

• But you're a raccoon. You lot through garbage for food.

• Thanks for MH Guy opinion and please note: I'm doing all I can to keep my raccoon brothers and sisters out of the garbage. lol

What Girls Said 8

• Once a week, Whether I have a Load or Not What.
    However, here, dear, I have gone to a Laundry Mat where I have seen people with 'Every four weeks,' Bring this In and Take up every dryer on the Wall and All, Leaving a Sour Ball in my Mouth... I somehow cannot see this, makes no sense.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I wash my clothes once a week on Saturday.

• I wash my clothes once a week. Normally when my laundry basket is full its washing time.
    I once waited two weeks and I thought all the clothes would destroy the washer 😆

• I only wear a piece of clothing once before washing it. I do my laundry every other day.
    Note that I live in the tropics, so it's almost always at least 90 degrees F.

• At least once a week. Sometimes more.

• Saturday, i have a ton of clothes so i could get away with every other Saturday but i hate the mess

• once a week

• As often as I have the time for.

What Guys Said 12

• It depends on what clothes. They say you should not wash jeans too often because the washing machine pulls them out of shape.

• I live together with my girlfriend and we always do laundry once a fortnight. We try to keep our use of the laundry machine low, both for environmental reasons and because it's just unnecessary work if you do laundry all the time.

• Four wears? Holy fuck.
    I wear pants twice max before washing.

Everything else gets one wear.

You might smell bad.

• once a week

• I do laundry about once a month

• Once a week.

• Weekly.

• I wash everything after i wear it

• I don't wash jeans that often but normally after wearing cloths i'll put them in the laundry basket

• lol I imagine I live in the wild so... when I have to

• once a week

• I wash all my clothes once a week. Friday is considering laundry day for me.