Are there athletes in other sports who never develop a offensive games ( NBA )?

E. g. a football player who doesn't know how to pass, or a soccer player who can't kick a ball to score unless they are right at the goal.

Dunking is not a skill I think needs too much effort to develop. These two players still never shoot from 8 feet or more away from the basket.

Are there athletes in other sports who never develop a offensive games ( NBA )?

Updates:
wouldn't these non developed players want a max contract? I don't see why they never improve on their games to get max when they have so much potential. I know dj and dwight are basically both max contract players.

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to say in football because you can't really change your game besides the QB, linebacker and some offensive linemen. The positions are way too specialized. Like ad will always be a power runner. He'll never be a scatback. A slot receiver will never be an outside threat or vice versa (thats not completely true, technically)

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Nah nowadays you have to be a good all around player to succeed. A big man has to be able to post up well as long as make 15 foot jumpers. Being a good defense of player may help but you still have to know how to score. Now back in the 70s and 80s a guy could just be great at defense and nothing on offense. The game has changed in thay way it's more of an offensive league.

0|0
    0|0
  • In soccer there are quite a few players who are pretty good at winning the ball, but can't really kick goals.

0|0
    0|0