When you think of transgenders right now, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Chicks with dicks" was the first thing (I think it was from an Eddie Murphy film) but beyond that I am cool with it. I have a close friend who went from male to female and I have had many an emotional talk with them on the subject. Many people do not understand what difficulty they go through, feeling like one sex but having the body of the other.

Most Helpful Guy

• That people on this website seem quite overtly obsessed with them, especially considering it shouldn't be of anyone else's business how person XY feels about his/her body or what they want to do with it.

What Girls Said 11

• That they're people, and it's disappointing how some people treat them badly just for being who they are. Also, Laverne Cox, because I saw Megyn Kelly's interview with her last night.

• Annoyed

• That I'm tired of hearing about it

• Misunderstood. They're very misunderstood.

• How humans suck at accepting any kind of change that happens.

• tough life

• jujubee even though i know he's not transgender and is gay & just likes cross dressing lmao

• A few of my friends names tbh.

• Caitlyn Jenner

• People faking so they get pity/attention

• gross ew jenner barf

What Guys Said 18

• People with severe mental issues.

• The one I knew and who committed suicide.

• A transgender... basically xD

• i particularly think of sexually confused guys that claim to feel like in the wrong body, acting out their approximation of a female gender role that´s so far from reality, no girl would consider acting in that way.

• Confusion; illness

• Bruce Jenner

• You do know that she's called Caitlyn now, right?

Let me ask you this: if one of your friends changed their name, regardless of the motivation behind that change, would you refuse to use that new name?

• @Asker its not like I refuse, I just couldn't think of how it was spelled and couldn't be bothered to look it up. and if I had a friend who changed their name I would do the same as @Waffles731

• Oh well, okay, sorry. I've seen enough people refusing to call her Caitlyn just because she's transgender.

• Restrooms

• People

• Strangely popular again topic.

• Caitlyn Jenner.

• We've regressed as a species.

• A person who wants to change...

• Tumblr, phrases like "cis scum", warped psychology, complaining about having to use the facilities in line with their biology. lol

• That isn't really the complaint, though — transgenders who have actually had an operation and now have the other sex's organs are still prohibited from using the bathrooms which line up with them. That makes no sense.

• I guess it depends on the stage of trans.

• Confusion and compassion.

• I think the concept is ridiculous and people need to stop pretending like it's ok or even possible for that matter to change genders

• This is why aliens don't make contact.

• I see them as people with severe mental issues. Honestly, it disgusts me how someone can get so sick in the head they proceed into something who they are not and that western societies go along with abusing nature and normalize a mental health issue. Transgenderism is incorrect, there's something about these people's minds that are wrong.

• Yes, but the recommended medical treatment for transgenderism is transition. It may be a mental health issue, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be treated. You may think that they become something they are not, but from their perspective, they were already something they are not.

• What the heck is wrong with them

• So what is your point? Someone who feels like they were born in the wrong body should just deal with it because that's what you prefer?