Talking while chewing gum ist disrespectful?

Let's say I'm talking to company manager about some works ist disrespectful if I chew gum while talking?

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's not, we've just become too politically correct today to the point where we have to be robots

What Girls Said 5

• Yes? Dont be smacking it in their face lol. I wouldn't say you needed to spit it out, but don't just be chewing it so much when they're speaking to you.

• Some managers and jobs are more lax than others, but yeah, I wouldn't do it.

• Yes it is, not just chewing gum but with any food

• Why? What's the reasons?

• But chewing is in the mouth of the chewer! And can't harm the other person when the chewer talk so how it's rude I dont get it!

• سؤال صعب ؟

• I hope not

• It's absolutely disgusting.

What Guys Said 4

• i dont think so i have seen movies where they do that.

• Yeah.

• Yes it is, you want to have a good impression, and not appear sloppy, it's just like chewing any food.

• Why chewing food while talking is disrespectful? Can you explain it?

• Ofcourse it is. Like " Talk with my big baloon buddy I don't care your sentences"

• But I have problem in my stomach and chewing gum help me. Why people would feel disrespectful from a gum? Add to this I have problem In my stomach so what's so special about gum it's just a gum!

• I don't know why it is. I have an idea: Cultural values.

• Or cultural shits maybe?