Why do some teen's personalities change dramatically?

So when I was a kid. I was very silent and used to imagine things a lot. My teachers and classmates used to think that I was a super weirdo with low IQ. My teacher mentioned in school's note several times that I had problem with memorising and low comprehension skill. Since middle school, it changed dramatically. I was able to concentrate and handle tasks very well. Not to forget that my communication skill improved dramatically. I have seen these major changes from my peers but not in a good way. So why do people change dramatically during their early teen years?

Most Helpful Guy

• During adolescence people are experimenting with themselves to figure out who they are.

As a substitute teacher for middle school as well as high school, it is astonishing how different a middle school student's persona can become in just a few months.

I've seen it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Their experiences an the people around them tend to shape them.
    When i was little, i was super quiet but once i made a friend, i became very playful. I was very nice.
    As a teenager, i've developed anxiety so its harder for me to make friends as easily, and it along with ADHD tend to make it weird when I can be super shy in X moments but super outgoing in others. Everybody changes as they grow older.

What Guys Said 6

• It's normal, those years really change us and make us think and act differently. Actually, the changes never stop, but during our teen years they're more intense.

• Experience. Things go down hill and while we pick ourselves back up it's straining think about it like a muscle being worked on it hurts and will break down but it'll come back stronger and when we come back, our personalities are not like before because we're new and improved. Although this isn't the case for everyone.

• Puberty kicked in then. I was a late bloomer myself and didn't experience my thoughts changing until I was 19. Ever since last year at 22, is when I started to think more about women and can't help at times stare at women I find sexy.

• Because your brain is developing and your hormones kick in.

• Yes, it's called "puberty" Don't worry, stoners' changes their personality more frequently.

• Hormones and life lessons.

What Girls Said 8

• Maybe it our hormones!

• That's kind of the whole point of growing up.

• They don't know themselves and are constantly influenced by people around them subconsciously.

• I think it's because you're putting yourself out there and discovering things.

You realise what you like and don't like, begin to learn from experience etc.

Also, it is a sexual prime time, so I'm guessing hormones have this effect too.

• i changed dramatically too, i was loud, obnoxious and got good grades until 6th grade then after, i became shy, reserved and started being shit in school and that's how i've been since :P minus the 'shit in school'

• It probably started occurring to you how important things and communicating was. For the kids who turn bad maybe they just started to recognize negative things in their families.

• Our bodies and brain develops the fastest at this age.

• It's called growing up