Troubles sleeping at night, any tips?

Recently, I've been having a lot of s*** going on in my life, plus exams and stress= not sleeping at night.

And when I am able to fall asleep for a bit, I have SP (sleeping paraylsis).

Soo tired :( , any tips? Much appreciated

Thank you all for very helpful tips! You guys are the best! :-*

Most Helpful Guy

• Make the room really dark. Light keeps people from falling asleep. Exercise, it will make you tired. Don't eat foods with a lot of calories, salt and sugar. Don't drink caffeine. Those foods will keep you awake.

Most Helpful Girl

• I take melatonin or some sleep aid tablets, which aren't habit forming. Those are to be used for the occasional sleeplessness and not for every day.

Taking a warm shower before going to bed does help me too.

Also, try refraining from using any electronics (tablets, phones, computers, etc,) at least 30 minutes before going to bed as the light emitted from the screens messes with your rem. Instead, try reading a book if you need to read or look at something before bed time.

What Guys Said 19

• Pick it up at Amazon/Target/Local supermarket:
    i5.walmartimages.com/.../...60-be9272a3587a.v1.jpg

• Check on Google. Melatonin might help. Some short term therapy would also help. The trick for me is to relax every muscle in my body starting with each toes and arch. By the time my face is completely relaxed, I'm out.

• meditate
    stop using your phone/computer before bed
    get out and get fresh air and sunshine and get some exercise (gym or outdoors).

• Try taking melatonin. Have had friends who take it and say it works like wonders. My mom was telling me she takes that advil pm and it works for her. I've never really needed so I can't say for sure. Had a girlfriend once who would melt with like a scalp massage. She saidit felt amazing. Maybe that would help too? I'm not sure

• Oh no! Try chamomile tea!

• Reduce the potassium in your diet, and take 2 benadryl (generic version is ok) at bedtime. You will be guaranteed to sleep well without getting sleep paralysis. :)

• if you can't sleep at night you're not doing enough physical activity.

exhaustion never fails to bring a good night sleep..

• Try and Relax more I know it's tough if your stress about stuff do you have a boyfriend? If so maybe he can give you a few massarges to help you relax

• Actually, I've been on and off with my boyfriend. Thia time, I think we're really over :/

But, thanks for tip

• Oh no well that's another factor that might be keeping you a wake you need to relax more maybe have a bath before bed if it continues I suggest going to see your doctor just so he can advise you on what things could help improve things 😔

• Try working out before bed, sleep totally in the dark and stay away from your phone, it will only distract you.

• Start running in the morning. Exercise helps to manage anxiety and depression. It also boosts self esteem and tires you out so that you want to sleep at the end of the day.

• I swim during the day, and yet, I can't sleep :/
      Maybe I should try running

• Yes, when I swim, I swim in lanes (freestyle stroke and butterfly).

Thanks, I'll definitely start running :)

• Good luck!

• It is difficult, I also need answers :(

• Its happening to you too?

• Haha, you should be fine then :)

• Actually, if you really want to sleep start reading a course book at night. You will get sleepy within minutes :)

• Pills/drugs are the typical answer. They're cheap and easy to get a hold of.

• get a boyfriend to cuddle with you :3

• Melatonin would be good. Weed would be good too.

• Have you seen a doctor?

• Nah, I don't believe in doctors. I'm more in the holistic world :/

• I tried before, but I can't stay still for more than 10mins. Lol but thanks hun

• Haha meditating sucks anyways xD No problem hun I tried :P

• Take a warm bath.

• DM/PM

• Masturbate

• Get yourself a piece of man meat to snuggle you to sleep at night!

• Not interested!

• You don't like to cuddle?

• In all honesty? No, not really. I feel suffocated. I have thyroid issues, so my body temperature is off (either I am too cold or too hot)

What Girls Said 5

• If you dont believe in pills then this won't help but go to your local dollar store or food store and usually theyll have some basic sleeping pills that knock me the fuck out if i take 2.

For me, classical music or heavy metal help, turning on a movie (one i dislike or a tv show), eating a lot makes me sleepy as shit are just a few ways

• Camomile tea and a warm bath before bed. Also I heard it's best to avoid technology like TV and phones for like an hour before you're gonna go to sleep. Actually I don't know why I say "I heard" cause I learned this in psych LOL
    Also do you think it might also be insomnia?

• Insomnia? How do I know if its that?

Plus, thank you hun for the tips, warm bath at night sounds ideal :))

• Haha! It definitely helps. Geez, it sounds eerily similar :/

Thanks love!

• No problem! Hopefully the sleep problems go away for you when the stress causers are gone. They usually do but good luck anyway!

• I think I know what you mean. I got a new bed last month and the only thing that gets me up from it is someone waking me up. Before the bed, my old bed was like sleeping on a poofy sack of diarrhea shit. I couldn't sleep and my back was always hurting. Is your bed super comfortable?

• Maybe thats it!!! I need a new mattress. I also have like 5 pillows, 1 body pillow, and I still can't sleep

• Wow lol I have 4 standard pillows, 3 decorative pillows, and a neck roll!! That neck roll really gives my neck the support it needs and I also use it like a pillow. It doesn't mess my hair up or smother me when I'm on my side.

• melatonin tabs

• ZZZ QUIL!! it works wonders. I used it all the time in college to sleep in

• also stretching before you go to bed has been proved to help you wind down and relax too. I stretch for about 15 minutes before i lay down.