How do I stop feeling depressed?

I've been depressed for over a year and a half now and just when I think I'm better, I slip back into this dark depressed state. How do I stop feeling this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• seek professional help of doctors or psychiatrists. they'll help you, but it sounds like depression and bipolar if im not wrong

• I'm pretty sure I'm not bipolar. But I don't know how to seek professional help about this when I'm the only one who knows I feel this way.

• yeah it will cost money

• Well that's an issue for me. I can't just bring myself to a psychiatrist without any money.

Most Helpful Girl

• You really ought to get help from a professional. Only a doctor can give you a diagnosis so that they can help you. Depression is tough, I know, but you can get through it with the guidance, support and perhaps medication.

Feel better soon!

What Guys Said 3

• Firstly, find the reason by which you feel you are depressed.
    Think over it, does the reason is strong enough to make you depress?
    Meditation is the best way to control your senses. Sleeping is also a kind of meditation, however a pleasant sleep is most important.

• I know the reason, and I though I got over being upset about it... but this feeling just keeps coming back out of no where, which makes me find other reasons to be depressed. I can't help it.

• That doesn't work for me anymore, it used to but that's just not good enough anymore.

• Then I suggest, you should consult a professional.
      I hope you soon get over this.

All the best dear.

Let me know if you need any help more.

• Seek therapy. Those professionals know what they are doing.

• No one in my life knows I feel this way but me.

• They don't have to anyway. Just tell them it's between you and your therapist. You're allowed to have some privacy.

• Enjoy and have fun
    It's something best to do

What Girls Said 1

• Start being a lot more fun productive spend a lot of times with your friends and family, don't let yourself be alone when your alone you slip into your thoughts, and all those thoughts going on in your head are going to make you depressed.

• Find stuff to do to keep yourself distracted whether it's cleaning, spending time with your friends, exercising (sports), or drawing.