What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?

Which one of these tribal chieftains is your favorite?

• Tecumseh (Shawnee tribe, Ohio, USA)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?
  • Shaka kaSenzangakhona (Zulu, South Africa)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?
  • Sitting Bull (Lakota Sioux, South Dakota, USA)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?
  • Gambu Ganuurru (Kamilaroi/Gamilaraay Aborigines, New South Wales, Australia)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?
  • Geronimo (Apache, New Mexico, USA)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?
  • Béhanzin Hossu Bowelle / King Shark (Yoruba, Dahomey/Benin)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?
  • Hiawatha (Onondaga & Mohawk - Iroquois Confederacy, Canada & USA)What Chief was the greatest tribal warrior of all times?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sitting Bull was the greatest, closely followed by Hiawatha and Shaka.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• The last plains indian warchief died not too long ago
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Medicine_Crow
    Joseph Medicine Crow-High Bird (October 27, 1913 – April 3, 2016), was an author and historian of the Crow Nation of Native Americans. His writings on Native American history and reservation culture are considered seminal works, but he is best known for his writings and lectures concerning the Battle of the Little Bighorn. During his lifetime he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Bronze Star Medal, and the Légion d'honneur. During World War II, he became the last war chief of the Crow Tribe, and was the last living Plains Indian war chief. He was a founding member of the Traditional Circle of Indian Elders and Youth.[1]
    After spending the latter half of 1942 working in the naval ship yards in Bremerton, Washington, Medicine Crow joined the Army in 1943,[5] became a scout in the 103rd Infantry Division, and fought in World War II. Whenever he went into battle, he wore his war paint beneath his uniform and a sacred eagle feather beneath his helmet.[3]

Medicine Crow completed all four tasks required to become a war chief: Touching an enemy without killing him, taking an enemy's weapon, leading a successful war party, and stealing an enemy's horse:[6] He touched a living enemy soldier and disarmed an enemy when he turned a corner and found himself face to face with a young German soldier:

“ The collision knocked the German's weapon to the ground. Mr. Crow lowered his own weapon and the two fought hand-to-hand. In the end Mr. Crow got the best of the German, grabbing him by the neck and choking him. He was going to kill the German soldier on the spot when the man screamed out 'momma.' Mr. Crow then let him go.[3] ”
    He also led a successful war party and stole fifty horses from a battalion of German SS-officers,[8] singing a traditional Crow honor song as he rode off.[9]

He is the last member of the Crow tribe to become a war chief.[3] Of his story, documentarian Ken Burns said, "The story of Joseph Medicine Crow is something I've wanted to tell for 20 years."[10] Medicine Crow was interviewed and appeared in the 2007 Ken Burns PBS series The War, describing his World War II service.

• 3|2
    • Who was he?

• Games are not childish. Connor was da beast.

• Yeah, sure, now go play Super Mario World :P

• Shaka Zulu, hands down. He not only created the greatest kingdom in the history of his people he invented the tactics, weapons and social organization that made it possible.

• @ThisDudeHere Don't even play it for free. stay away from it. It's the only game i have ever played where i had to force myself to finish it. since i wasted money on it, i wanted to see it through to the end. as soon as i finished it, i put the disc in the cover and threw it in the closet, where it remains till this day XD

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau

I'll try one more time. I said "created the greatest kingdom in the history of his people" "his people" the Bantu people. They were not Romans or Greeks, they were a pastoral people who were only just in the iron age. They had no writing and only the simplest economy. An achievement must be measured from what you start with. If I give you a billion dollars and you turn it into two billion that's great but hardly as impressive as if I gave you a dollar and you turned it into a million. Shaka Zulu's record corresponds to as if Julius Caesar had not only conquered Gaul but had founded the Roman Empire written it's constitution designed and trained the first legions and invented the gladius and pilum.

• @Raymond_Reddington I said - the question is not about video game characters!

• ambiorix. he was chief of the belgian tribes.

images.duckduckgo.com/.../

i hope this is how you post a pic.

• Geronimo. He fought for thirty years before finally surrendering.

I really like Sitting Bull, too.

I have Cherokee ancestry.

• Hiawatha - those Mohawks are way tough warriors!

• Sitting Bull!

• 0|1
    • That is not a real character.

• @Raymond_Reddington I was thinking of just downloading it simply to try out. No way I'm wasting cash for it.

• @Raymond_Reddington Cut the crap ;)

• Hiawatha and Shaka Zulu, cause I liked the movies about them.

• Spartan 117

• Hiawatha looks like a tough warrior.

• Maharana Sangram Singh

• Based on civ v, only shaka and Hiawatha exist and between the 2, Hiawatha is better

• Ooga Booga

• Saladin.

• LOL, Saladin was not a tribal chief, he was a Sultan...

• Then you should broaden your mind ;)

• I know what you're getting at, but frankly, I think Saladin is more interesting this way. Comparing him to kings, etc, is boring.

What Girls Said 5

• I kinda prefer Sitting Bull.

• Need to read more about them before giving an answer.

• king shark because hell yeah

• Sitting Bull and Hiawatha.

• I think Sitting Bull was the best.