Are philosophers right about women?

Women are directly adapted to act as the nurses and educators of our early childhood, for the simple reason that they themselves are childish, foolish, and short-sighted—in a word, are big children all their lives, something intermediate between the child and the man, who is a man in the strict sense of the word. Consider how a young girl will toy day after day with a child, dance with it and sing to it; and then consider what a man, with the very best intentions in the world, could do in her place.- Arthur Schopenhauer

It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex; for the entire beauty of the sex is based on this instinct. One would be more justified in calling them the unaesthetic sex than the beautiful. Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing.- Arthur Schopenhauer

A real man wants two things: danger and play. Therefore he wants woman as the most dangerous plaything. Man shall be educated for war, and woman for the recreation of the warrior: all else is folly. – Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in woman is a riddle, and everything in woman has one solution—that is pregnancy. For the woman, the man is a means: the end is always the child. – Friedrich Nietzsche

A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy. – Friedrich Nietzsche

Do you agree in these qquotes as a man or woman?

0|0
5|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I don't listen to many well renowned philosophers about their view on males and females and their purpose or whatever because a lot of these famous philosophers lived in a time that women were seen as property of man and uncapable of doing anything else other than sex, pregnancy, children and household work.

And also a lot of things in history that women have created or came up with has been taken credit for by another man instead because their ideas themselves wouldn't be able to get out there without the voice or power of a man.

So no, those philosophers are spewing some sexist bullshit.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Bullshit. Maybe this was a thing years ago ; but now a days women are anything and anyone they wanna be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cool, sexist phylosophers...

0|0
    0|0
  • No of course not, that is some sexist bullshit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm glad I don't live back in those days. How dumb we used to be as humans.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually these two philosophers were not religious fanatics. They were atheists but they had these cold attitude against women. It is strange. Perhaps, they got some points we couldn't. They were very very clever guys. Kind of Einstein of philosophy.

• Show All
    • You are too young. I guess you will understand their visions in the future. Many women accept thses guy's ideas on their nature. Just live, experience and evalute your past, you will see.

• Alrighty then I'll take your word for it bub👍🏼

What Guys Said 3

• LOL, wow... smh...

0|0
    0|0
  • you guys dont understand philosophy. you are not supposed to take it literal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was hoping for diversity.

0|0
    0|0