What do you think about getting a career in technical education?

By the way, I plan to go to a CPR certification seminar so I can get into the nursing assistant program in the winter semester

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people would argue its worthless. I would say its a highly prized profession, as long as it makes you happy money is hardly an object of life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to a technical high school and it was the best 4 years of my life (so far lol). I would definitely encourage anyone thinking about pursuing a career technical education to go for for it.

• Thanks. I am not sure college is for me but I do need a plan. I talked to my mom and she recommended career tech education.

• Do you have any idea of what program you might try to get into? I would start doing some research.

• I was thinking nursing assisting. Which is basically doing what volunteers at the hospital do, but I get paid. I need to be CPR certified which there is a seminar for that this August. I am taking a trip to Europe so I will miss the fall semester and will take the winter semester instead.

What Guys Said 17

• Go for it.

There is a high demand for people with careers in technical education. Everyone is so quick to get to the corner office, but nobody knows how to build it! Those who have a nack for a technical skill can make some good money, as well as make the lives of some people very good.

Besides, you can learn some of those things as a trade-something on which you can fall back. Say you life-long goal is to become a [insert any common job], but you have an interest in woodworking. Take a carpentry class. That way, if worse comes to worse, then you can build a shack on the edge of a forest for you and your family.

• there is nothing wrong with a technical education. in some ways its better depending on what you are going to study, because they are going to there program to what you are trying to learn with out all the classes you will never use or have nothing to do with your course of study

• Right? It's an intense 8 week program but I am going to study my ass off.

• Thank you. It is a lot and I think I will spend the next few month's before I enter the program to perfect my studying abilities because this will be the hardest thing I have ever had to study for.

• good idea. this is a suggestion if you dont understand something as the teacher. there is nothing wrong asking for help.

• here's my philosophy. Any additional education is always good. Varies depending on what your going for.
    Some of the better trades out there are from tech schools. I know my state funds technical schools more than Universities. Plumbers and Electricians make huge amounts of money for what the honor school for.
    Go for it if you really feel you'd like to do it later on.

• I personally find it a really good field to get into, because:
    - usually a very low chance of unemployment
    - usually earns very well
    - i like the technical field (personal reason)

Next year I'm going to uni and I'm going to study software engineering

• Definitely a field to invest into, especially internet security! :)

• I can second that. Security jobs are one of the fastest-growing jobs in America right now (along with Trucking). I saw it in a newspaper article in my school.

• Too boringly technical now!!
    by the way, here, in OZ, I was going to become First aid trainer = great money n little expectation

• Learning to teach it would be beyond my capabilities, however simply learning about the subject sounds fun.

• It's the practical thing to do. If you have a lot of money to blow on tuition fees in private universities

• If that's what you want to do then follow your hear and go for it. What did your advisor have to say

• She thinks it's a good idea. This August there is a seminar to get CPR certified so that in the winter semester, I can go into the nursing assisting program and be a certified nurses assistant in a two months.

• Thanks! I remembered how much I enjoyed volunteering at the hospital and decided to do more research into hospital careers.

• Great job! Maybe you really found your niche. Two kids I went to college with are now top nurses at a major medical center in Tennessee. It's not Vanderbilt or UT hospital though but it's a great heart, cancer, and stroke center where I used to live. My grandma had heart surgery ten years ago and was home in five days

• RNs is where the $ is at.

aim high girl.

• Computers

Go for it

Tech school is cheap

It can work out l
    My dad did it and has a good job

More bang for your buck

• That's what I think. Glad my mom suggested it so I can be a certified nursing assistant.

• Around here in Tennessee

Vocational school is 300 to 1000$

He makes 40 to 80 now

• It can be helpful but it can also not do enough for a person

• If that's what you want go for it... Not for me though

• I support.

• do what you gotta do :)

• Yeah I would

• It's fine.

What Girls Said 2

• I never tried it

• If you like it go for it