Would you read a 36 page article?

It's like one of those fortune magazine things.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was a good article, sure. I've read 1,400 page books. A 36 page article is nothing.

• What time span? Have you read those books in I mean.

• And would you be able to do it at the age of 23. See this is something I just don't get. Most adults I know have better reading skills than those of a fresh graduate from University and that is weird because the graduate has just finished school, but the adult has been away.

It's pretty great that you can read books with that kind of page count because I know I wouldn't unless I really really force myself.

• It took me quite a long time, several months, as it was pretty difficult language as well. When I was in high school I was reading 700-800 page fantasy novels in maybe a month or so.

Most Helpful Girl

• I worked at the research department in the university I studied, I had to read articles with more than 36 pages.

• Really? I am applying for a job in the research department of University hence I am reading this article which I need to write a summary of.

• Did you read every single word? That's something I struggle with, I guess I have this OCD thing to read every single word and I am well aware it is hurting my ability to summarize rather than helping

What Guys Said 14

• Depends, but probably not. I can't stand reading.

• If that article was about my areas of interest, I most certainly would read it!

• 36 pages? It would have to be REALLY, REALLY good. Otherwise, no. I'd rather not waste time reading something that isn't worthwhile.

• I've red hundreds of scholarly journals that are hard to chew at times. Plenty have been in that range. The last one I read was 16 pages and I hd to read it 3 times to digest it...

• The funny part is I try to read it once and then when I read it the second time it makes a lot more sense.

But when it really all sinks in is when I sit down to write the summary. It takes longer but it's more effective.

• Considering I read 2 1000, plus page books per week. I think a 36 Page article would be relatively simple. I can read 900, Page book in about 4 hours.

• Whoa. lol what's your field of study?

My reading speed is simply not that fast (I think most people's isn't). Maybe I could look into some techniques that would help sharpen it.

• My field of study besides computers is physics.

• If it was interesting, yes.

• Yes... yes I would.

• Subject?

• Business (fun lol )

• That is true. So you feel your article should be one third of what it is? Then why is it so long?

• Sometimes I feel like business journals, they are catering to all kinds of people. So they do have to sound intelligent for the message they are proclaiming to be taken seriously by the reader.

This does come at the cost of the article making a more effective point about what exactly the company did wrong, which could be written in a much smaller space.

It's precisely why CEOs of corporations want executive summaries for work given to them, they simply don't have the time to go through all that information and it's not efficient anyways. But the person who is actually writing the article needs to have a thorough report prepared to be taken seriously

• If it's interesting then yeah I would

• if it was to help me in one of my collage classes then yes if not then hell to the fuck no.

• I definitely would. I do that routinely for work or out of leisure.

• Meh after awhile I would not because of my short attention span

• I really have to force myself to dot hat but I find myself enjoying it after a while. But that's because I'm nearly done University in first year I would not read that much lol

• Just being honest.

I remember when I was in University I used to be in awe of upper years who I thought were smarter, but really they were just able to do work that was reflective of the year in which they were studying.

• Yeah if you believe in yourself you can be as smart as anyone

• I would read it depending on the topic the article was covering.

• depends on what it's about.

What Girls Said 8

• id skim through it. i get uni articles like that regularly, so I'm getting good at reading like that lol.

• If it was on something I cared about then yes
    But if it's something boring then no

• Yes. If I were interested on the topic.

• no lol

• Depends on the topic

• Depends what it's about

• Nope lol

• Probably not. It would have to be on a subject i was very interested in.