Is it true that people assume if there's something up there (like a nice face), there's nothing in there (the brain)?

Pretty much if you're beautiful you're not that smart.

Mostly for women as opposed to men (eg. if a man is handsome he can be both, but I sometimes feel people don't really assume the same about girls).

Or, they assume that likely this girl is not that hard-working because she's so pretty and she's grown up with the belief that she doesn't need to work as hard as other people

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not all people assume that.

What Guys Said 2

• Not necessarily. Just depends on the person. I have friends who people find incredible attractive and they're pretty damn smart.

• I meant mostly for women.

• You know there's this confident, beautiful woman who is like I don't know a neurologist and everyone can buy that she's really intelligent.

And then there's the super pretty, cutesy kind of pretty girl and almost everyone would be like yeah she's adorable and all but she's you know not that bright

• I think the way people may assume that a woman or female in general may look cute but not be real smart would be based off the way they dress, talk, and interact with people. That's really the only way you can tell.

• Yes.

What Girls Said 2

• I certainly hope not

• Not always, but if there's a really pretty girl who acts dumb then yes.