Nudity on a cruise ship?

My girlfriend and I are taking a cruise this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows if you're allowed to tan naked on your balcony? We have no problem with nudity and tan naked in our backyard often.

Most Helpful Girl

• I went on a cruise a few years ago and saw several women sunning topless. It was a European cruise line in the Caribbean so I think a lot of European women who normally go topless at home were on the cruise as well. Nobody seemed to have a problem with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• On the balcony it should be no problem.
    It might also depend a bit on what type of Cruise ship it is (from what country) and where the majority of the travelers on it come from. Generally speaking, Americans, Asians and Africans don't like nudity and they tend to get offended by it. Europeans and most South Americans tend to be more relaxed about it.

What Girls Said 3

• if the balcony is private and no children can see you, I'd think no one would care.

• do it and hope you don't get fined for public indecency

• Most likely not, no.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on if you have a truly private balcony. The large suites at the back of the ship usually do, the ones on the side of the ship can usually be seen from adjacent balconies, so no.

Most cruise ships have a specific nude or top less deck for this by the way.

• No you can't

• Question is...

Do the people around you care?