What do you think of girls who leave their boyfriend cuz he's too nice?

I don't mean clingy, like he's nice

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why anyone would leave solely because their partner is a nice person but there is a big difference being nice and being a doormat. Having a partner who is a doormat is annoying exhausting. They think being nice means always letting you decide things, bending over backwards to please you, putting so much weight in your opinions and never having any themselves, don't stand up for themselves, etc. Oh, and also think being nice is the most redeeming quality they have when really it's just the baseline everyone should be. (granted there are plenty of people out there who don't meet that baseline so I can see why it's sometimes nice when they do)

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest: they piss me off. My first real girlfriend left me for that exact reason. We were together for one year (which is a significant time when you're only 16) and I always felt like our relationship was going great. We didn't fight a lot and we had many nice experiences together. We also made our first sexual experiences together, though we didn't go the whole way. Almost exactly one year after we got together, my girlfriend gave me a letter when we rode the train back home from school (we were commuting to our high school, which was in a different city). I wanted to open it but she told me to wait until I'm home. At that point, I could feel that something bad was about to happen. Once I was at home I opened the letter. In it, my girlfriend explained on almost 4 pages why I'm just too nice for her and she thus wants to break up with me. She literally said "you don't deserve me, I'm not good enough for you". I had known that I was a nice boyfriend... I've always been known among my friends, family and acquaintances as being of a very gentle nature for a guy and being very good-hearted. However, I simply couldn't understand how that could possibly be something bad. I was completely devastated.

I consider myself a very happy man for eventually having found a girl who appreciates and cherishes my good heart. And, though this might offend some people, I have to admit that I'm also very glad in this respect that my current girlfriend comes from a country in east Asia. After having had other relationships with western girls, I've eventually gotten pretty sick of them. In my personal experience, most western girls can't accept a guy being good-hearted and of a gentle nature. You've got to act tough and a bit like a macho, otherwise they'll stomp on you like a doormat. My girlfriend on the other hand comes from a very conservative, often misogynistic culture. Contrary to most western girls, she's escaped all the machos in her country and is thus still able to accept the simple beauty of being treated fairly by a sweet and nice guy. That is something that makes me very happy.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's petty, I don't understand why anyone would want to be treated like crap.

• well then "those girls" are stupid because I know for sure I love a sweet hearted nice guy, even if he may seem clingy, because it means they care :)

• I think they're not smart. Because if that's the sole reason why she wants to leave him, she should thank her lucky stars.

What Guys Said 3

• That makes no sense at all. Is it possible that the boyfriend isn't as nice as he thinks?

• Not the sharpest tools in the shed

• I think they're dumb. It's their loss. They deserve to be treated bad by jerks.