How much can you tell about a person just by looking at their face?

I feel like I can write a story about someone's life just after looking at their face.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to think the same. Although writing a story might be a bit much than what I think I can glean. And then, it really would just be a story. Picking out from all of the different possibilities is a task. You really need to test whether you are correct or not, correcting for personal biases. It's a difficult thing, really. Of course, I'm really uncertain, so maybe that fucks me up on sticking with one theory, too.

Static expressions are a bit harder to deal with. But micro-expressions and... non-static expressions, I feel, give me great insight into what a person is thinking, where they have been in life, their early family life, their current social life, and their disposition towards me. Of course, it's ambiguous as fuck, and there's really no way to actually prove my inferences. But they're good cliff notes to have.

I've spent a lot of time practicing reading people, pretty much out of necessity; but also as a hobby of sorts. Reading people is a really good skill to have, and can save your life. Integrating body language makes it convoluted and even more ambiguous, but it can help you determine more.

There are people I can't read at all though. Those types scare the shit out of me. The funny part is that I'm one of those people who is hard to read. People have a hard time figuring me out, with everything, not just my face.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the person because some are almost impossible to read.

What Guys Said 15

• isn't that like fiction?
    I don't think i can do face alone, i can probably tell just a little bit just by their face, a little more my some expressions, even more when they look at me. Then there's body language and my favorite... words. i get a combo of these, i won't be writing a story about a person, i would be writing about Them.

• In most cases I would know if they are the type of person that I would want to get to know better. Granted there is the chance I am seeing them on a bad day. Even then they would show traits that I have come to notice that tells me things may not be as they appear

• Personology is somewhat accurate in a general way, most like Astrology or Myers Briggs, I can't be read by most.

• I agree, emotions come forth from face/eyes. if ther eis a lot of makeup that may be hard, but can usually tell a lot.

• I think that's judging and drawing up your own conclusions. I'm not saying that's the type of person you are, I'm saying we're probably all guilty of it. I know I've thought this about new people I've seen before, and then when I got talking to them and getting to know them more, realized I was way off base in what I first thought by looking at them.

• Cool question. Sometimes I seem to tell a lot, and other times nothing at all. I have this weird sort of clairvoyant thing about me where I often can tell things about a person from the things they DON'T say, and when I ask them about those things they do turn out to be true.

• Nothing beyond looks.

• I'm kinda interested in what you would write for me after looking at me! Can you please inbox me your evaluation? <- That was totally serious by the way☺️

• Not much because looks can be deceiving

• Try it with me. Or do I have to take off the sunglasses?

• It's alright. 😊

You are a shy guy, and there's nothing wrong with that, however you wish that you were more outgoing. You wish that you had more friends to hang out and converse with them. Also, from your style, I notice that you are still trying to figure out what kind of style you should have when you go out, in order to look good. You seem confused about that.

• Lol... This is fun. Give my mug a shot.

• You seem to be introverted and you like to observe other people but you aren't completely sure how to fake a certain mood with your face expression or u don't try to fake it but then u are kinda empty

• Zilch.

• Alright then. Look at my pic and tell me my story :3

• I don't judge people by the way they look

• Maybe some and some people don't.

• I don't think you can tell someone's life story by looking at their face...

What Girls Said 9

• no thats hard!

• To me, the facial expression gives away everything along with the eyes, but some people are harder to read than others. Can you do my face please? I'm curious :)

• Your smile in your picture makes your eyes look alive. You try your best to be a positive and happy person, but you aren't always successful. You have a lot of goals that you are determined to accomplish, like going to a good university after highschool. Education is important to you because your parents taught you that.

• That was so spot on that it scared me😂 Thank you!

• I follow my intuition most of the time. Some faces can be deceiving.

• Not the face alone but give me a week with a person and I can usually give an account personality of that person nicely!

• Their eyes look dead and they always have that poker face. They hardly smile at all.

• I personally can tell whether or not im going to like someone in 5 seconds flat by looking at their face

• To be honest, maybe you could judge something based on the way they do their hair/eyebrows/makeup or accessorize or perhaps based on their expression... but that's probably it.

• Try me

• I will get back to you on that!

• I apologize before hand if I say something incorrect.

Your smile seems forced, which is alright since most people who take selfies tend to force a smile. But for some reason, your smile and the fact that your picture is taken in a very bright lighting, and the photo is grainy, tells me that you are insecure of your looks.

You once used to or still struggle with your weight.

That's pretty much what I noticed the most the other things are too general and can be applied to just about anyone. ☺️

• Wow! Nice. Very true. When I was bit younger, in my teens, I struggled with my weight. Even though I changed and try making myself look better, I still feel like that insecure teen girl who used to get bullied.

• A lot but then the person has to opened too