Do you fear death, Ever wonder what happens after death?

Most Helpful Guy

• I fear dying. I don't fear death. I believe death is just an eternal, dreamless sleep. Desirable, really. What I fear is the higher plateaus of profound pain that precedes death.

End of the day, it's a worthless question to think about. There is no way to know what exists on the other side, if there is another side, at all. You'll just drive yourself crazy coming up with all kinds of *possible* scenarios. Until you die, you won't find out. And if death is nothingness, you'll never find out. Not worth thinking about.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really actually. Maybe it's because I'm young and a part of me still thinks I'm invincible, but I've thought about if I had accidents and it just makes me sad because of how it would impact the people who care about me. For me personally though I don't fear it, nor do I wonder much about it because I think that we just cease to exist. Even if something happens afterwards it's out of this world and we'll never be able to understand or experience it anyways.

What Guys Said 24

• Yes, I do fear it. However I know that it's inevitable.

• I don't think I'm afraid of it. Obviously my natural body reaction would be to save myself when I'm in danger but it's not like I'm gonna avoid flying on airplanes, avoid hiking, and so on.

• I believe there's an after life and I believe in God. I'm comfortable with death and it doesn't bother me at all. Even when family members die, I believe I will see them again and I'm not overly sad even though I miss them, it's only temporary. I think for many people they will be united with God and everyone will be a perfect family. In a way, I'm excited about dying cuz I hate this world and would love to be out of it. I'm not ready for death but when it comes, I welcome it with a smile.

• I don't fear what is already known to me. And the unknown just sparks my curiosity. I've already been resuscitated twice. Death is not something to fear. It is the not death, we're worried about, but that we have to part with those we love.

• As a Christian, I believe I know what happens after death. As for fear of death, I actually look forward to it because I know He'd choose Heaven for me.
    I will live as long as I can for Him as I wait for my time, knowing that like everyone else I have a purpose, but still look forward to it.

• Of course I am afraid of death , I want to live.
    But for some strange reason the thrill being close to death is... always present LOL
    Such is the contradiction of thrillseekers.
    Afraid of death , but do things that brings us close to it.

• Sometimes I fear it other times it I kinda look forward to it.

• I do not fear death. I look forward to it. Life has had little to recommend it and I do not fancy another 20 years of more of the same, or worse.

• I fear the way I might die (if painful), but not death itself. I hope when it's my time I die in my sleep lol.

• Nope, I don't fear it because I've already experienced it "and came back obviously". I know that we really are hear to learn and the bumps in the road are put there by ourselves until we learn whatever the lesson is.

• Um, no... with all of the near-death experiences I've had, I'm surprised I don't fear it more... I hardly give it a thought

• I don't fear death. I believe in reincarnation. After death in this life, you get ready for the next.

• I know what happens after death and I am not afraid of death.

• Not really,
    I've had encounters with ghosts and such I'm sure there is something after

• I used to all the time, these days less. Its going to happen either way so I guess ill experience it when i get there

• Well Ima meet my dad ha dont live for long time, live for good time baha

• I don't fear death because every living being shall taste death someday We are all judged against God

• No. I long outgrew that too.

• you consciousness just dissolves and i am ok with that.

• Yes I'm scared. I do wonder what will happen, I'm not sure what happens.

• i don't fear death and to me there is nothing AFTER death

• nah i kind of look forward to it curious as to how ill die tho hope its not a boring way

• No. I don't know what happens after death, I suspect nothing. I don't believe in any of the religious ideas of an afterlife, they are too obviously contrived.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• No fear. In fact, I welcome that day it comes. I've done enough meditating that I've connected with God/Source/Higher Consciousness and know that this is not all there is. Once the physical body croaks then the energetic part of us leaves the body and goes back to that plane of existence that is pure love. Who wouldn't want to go to that?

• I know exactly what happens!

• Well I read that in Davy Jones voice.

• No, I don't fear death. I just see it as a part of life. Not a good thing or a bad thing to happen to someone after they have lived a happy, long life.

• I'm not afraid of it. I believe that everyone is reincarnated again and again until they've learned what they need to know, then go to Summerland/heaven.

• A little bit. I don't want eternal nothingness, that's what I'm scared of. If reincarnation is a thing then we're good.

• No Im actually looking forward to eternal rest.

• I don't like to think about it. I guess I'll just be dead, and yeah it's scary as fuck.

• Not knowing makes it fearful

• Yes. I don't want to enter the hellfire, yet I can't seem to be able to stop doing what would get me there..

• No i dont fear death and yes sometimes i think about death.