Do you look down on people who think books are boring?

and would rather watch a movie or play a video game?

0|0
25|15

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't look down on them. I just think they don't know what they are missing.
    Books can teach you things that movies and video games don't. And reading is an amazing experience!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I love reading but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• I don't look down on them. It doesn't mean they're stupid or something, they just don't like books and prefer another hobby, that's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but it makes me sad. Books are magical, the magical ones anyway :)

And for someone to not enter that world, to me, that is sad because I believe that person is missing out on something special you can only get from a special book.

I love videogames. But there's nothing in a videogame that I couldn't get in a book.

I know quite a few people who don't like reading, and I never judge them, however, I do feel like they are missing out on something quite incredible.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't, but i look at them in the way people look at me when i tell them i dont have fb lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they're missing out lol, but no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, totally. Even though my dad doesn't particularly like reading because his eyesight is poor, he still does it. It's important to broaden your imagination. Books are all about imagination, whereas if you're just shown images of things, you never end up using yours. Children who are given toys that don't have many buttons/set actions end up being more creative than those who are, as they must invent different ways to play with the toys they are given. Same principle here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I don't. I enjoy reading, but not everyone has to.

0|0
    0|0
  • 😱 how dare they!! Haha no I'm kidding, no I don't do that

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't look down on them but I think they're missing out a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, we all have our preferences and Id think it would be boring if we all liked the same things. I am a reader but I don't care if others are or not

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't care too much if they don't like books.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Cuz that's me lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • No... because I am one of them, sometimes.
    I don't enjoy sitting down and reading as much as other people. I like activity so I got into music, playing the piano and violin. My sister always has something to say about that... smh :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh god no. I can't judge, I used to be a huge bookworm, but now I can't finish a paragraph without getting distracted by something else like entertainment

0|0
    0|0
  • a bit yea :P

0|0
    0|0
  • No I just think they are missing out but more books for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I can see where they're coming from. I personally don't think they're downright boring, but I just can't keep my focus on them for too long.
    And I'd rather watch a movie, not really into video games.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lots of people do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    They're clearly not interested enough in learning.
    There is absolutely no excuse why anybody needs to be stupid in this day in age unless you were mentally handicapped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all for me. Games books tv are ok i seem to pick up my phone the most, however my partner likes his games and tv.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all I love reading myself

0|0
    0|0
  • no its not their fault no one read to them when they were little

0|0
    0|0
  • no, they have short attention spans. i get it lmaoo no judgement

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and no tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, everyone has their own opinions and likes...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I don't look down on them but I do find them kind of ignorant, books are a source of knowledge and everything we have movie and game wise pretty much came from books and or scripts. Before there was technology there were books and after technology is gone there will still be books.

Through books you read and understand, you obtain knowledge, skills and it forces you to think more creatively because you don't see everything in front of you on a screen you have to do visualize whats on the pages yourself.

But books also aren't for everyone either and that's understandable, but people should give them more of an effort.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, but only if its for school. So instead of reading a text book. somehow the stupid professors let them text each other answers during an exam. If they don't learn now, hopefully they don't get into a job that requires the knowledge learned in school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, cause I'm one of those people who think most books are boring, and would rather watch the movie even tho it's not 100% accurate to the book.

0|0
    0|0
  • I consider them to be intellectually inferior, because they are. I also pity them.

1|0
    0|0
  • i hate reading

0|0
    0|0
    • let's rephrase that... i hate reading books. most books have so much pointless bullshit, i can't pay attention

• I don't like to read because if I am that's the only thing I can focus on. Otherwise I'll be doing 3-4 different things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly feel sad for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually a bit lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh, yeah I do very much

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, deservedly so.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because many people never understand what they read.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I don't look down on them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do.

0|0
    0|0