Rate this Mythological creature: The Roc?

Different cultures have different versions of this fantastical bird. The one most people recognize is the roc (or rukh), made famous by Sinbad in 1001 Nights.

The classic roc is well known through the stories in 1001 Nights. It is described as a giant, white bird of prey resembling an eagle. Its wingspan is nearly 50 feet and its feathers are 24 feet long. It is said that it will pick up an elephant, fly high into the air, and drop it in order to kill it. In the story of Aladdin, it is hinted that a roc is the genie’s true master. The princess tells Aladdin that she wants a roc’s egg to hang from the dome of the palace. Aladdin takes out the lamp and tells the genie to bring him a roc egg. The genie gives a loud shriek that shakes the hall. He says they deserve to have their palace burn to ashes for wanting him to bring his master to them for mere decoration

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!
  • wtf is a Roc?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The Roc or Thunderbird is one of my favorite flying creatures from mythology, along with Phoenix and Dragons.

What Girls Said 9

• This is cool as fuck! I love this creature! And it ties back to another favorite of mine, the genies from Arabian Nights.

• Me likes it 😍

• 4/5 I like it a lot

• Wow, yeah, I love Roc birds :D

• Never heard of that mythical creature.

• lol I like it
    and I like the description a lot hahaha

• they are ok I guess

• I want him to fly me places :o Magnificent.

• Looks like a more badass version of an eagle

What Guys Said 8