What's on the other side of a Black Hole?

In your opinion, what happens when you enter a Black Hole?

• Nothing, you get squashed by the Gravitational SingularityWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?
  • You travel back in Time, in the close or distant PastWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?
  • You travel forward in Time, into the close or distant FutureWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?
  • You enter one of the Parallel Worlds / Mirror UniversesWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?
  • You enter some Other Dimension, Space with Different Laws of Physics, Chemistry and BiologyWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?
  • You enter into Timeless Plane of existence, Unknown Realm outside of any UniverseWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?
  • I don't knowWhat's on the other side of a Black Hole?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you go back in the past, or at least I hope so...

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 17

• There's no other side, it's not like a tunnel. From what I gather, after the event horizon, time comes to a standstill and mass gets obstructed, so you get "spaghettified" (that's literally the 'advanced' term used even in astronomy academic material lol) and deposited into a collection of matter in a seemingly infinite dense state.

Here's the really controversial shit, Hawking discovered (although technically hasn't been quite proven yet as we haven't really discovered mini-Black Holes) that radiation particles actually escape black holes (we have observed this), so at some point, particles escape and the black hole literally self-destructs slowly.

My question is... WTF happens to all the matter deposited in the black hole? I mean we learn black holes are not eternal prisons. Do they all just get re-organized into chaotic matter and then escape as those particles of "Hawking radiation"? That's my guess, and I think that's where our understanding is today.

• A black hole is not a real 'hole'. A black hole is a clump of mass just like earth. The only thing is that the density of this clump is so high that the force of gravity is so strong that it bends light. Light is made out of photons, thus being particles, thus being part of the laws of gravity. If photons get too close to the massive clump of neutrons, the photons will fail to have enough escape velocity to counter the gravitational force, making them fall into the clump. This makes it impossible for light to leave the 'black hole' making it black and appear bigger than it actually is. Photons are the fastest known particles for now. This makes us state that black holes eat everything that does not orbit it and gets too close to the event horizon. There is one exception! Black holes seem to slowely evaporate over trillions of years by hawking radiation. If you want to learn more about this, just give it a google or ask me ;) Hope it clears some things up
    (Note: black holes are dead massive stars.. the sun won't become a black hole..)

• Maybe one day science will discover Tachyons, they move faster than Photons ;)

• @JusttMe Tesla was far ahead of his time.

• @JusttMe You're right, I didn't pay enough attention for a moment.

• "A little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker."

media.giphy.com/media/YODE9YaCC6dws/giphy.gif

• Usually either underwear or a toilet bowl.

• What if the blackhole is actually the asshole of the universe, we're just a simple bunch of shits inside. Real reality is outside
    http://i.memeful.com/media/post/YMKgjJM_700w_0.jpg

• Some weird shit that no one would able to survive. I am sure nothing fascinating, we just dramatize too much.

• possibly destruction of mass but entering of soul in another world where things are more meta-physical and not following any principle of physics.

• as far as we know its just a bottomless pit right?

• — "In your opinion, what happens when you enter a Black Hole?"
    Wait, that is a matter of opinion? I can decide what happens when one enters a black hole? Great.

• What if black holes weren't holes?

• My ex's soul.

• Spaghettifacation

• I doubt black holes are even that big but I could be wrong
    but whats on the other side
    cake lol

• Once you get in the event horizon, which according to physics will take an infinite time, you will never return. No information can be transferred by radio tech, because even photons will be stuck.

• What about some other, hypothetical particles, like the tachyons?

• Who knows. If the existence these particles gets confirmed, then we will need some major reforms in physics, because such particles will have either infinite mass or imaginary mass.

observed mass = m (1/1-v²/c²)

• Indeed, very intriguing.

• i'd say that there is whole new universe on the other side of the black hole. it takes matter from one universe and transports it to the other side. some astronomers believe that the creation of a black hole in our universe is a equal to a big bang on the other side (wherever that is)
    plus it would somehow explain how our big bang created something out of nothing.
    sure that other questions arise from any theory.. why? because we have no answers and instead use our imagination and rationality. unfortunately the universe is so complex that we will not be able to ever untangle the mystery.
    and it somewhat makes me mad when i think about it and i realize i don't know what's up there, where it starts, where it ends and why.
    i was walking down the street the other day and saw an ant colony coming out of the sidewalk. i was thinking, how the hell, cause there is concrete all around. but they must have found a way to dig themselves a home deep inside. i see only concrete. the same with the universe, we only see "concrete" and not what's beyond that..
    who knows maybe there is a lot more to see in the universe around than just void and stardust and planets and collisions. maybe we are missing something because we simply are not evolved enough to realize it.

i kept looking at the ants and realized they live in their own world over there and they will never be capable to comprehend what was going on around them though they were right there in the middle of a big city, cars going right around them.

we are ants for the universe... we are right in the middle but we are missing something.

• 0|2
  • On the other side there's just more space. Inside you get torn apart and die instantly

• Perhaps...

• They don't need to be close for us to understand them

• Sure, lol, we "know everything" :P