Does this work on Whatsapp?

If you receive a Whatsapp message and only read it when you turn your internet connection off, does the person know you read it?

• No, the person doesn't know you read it
  • Yes, the person knows you read it

Most Helpful Girl

• yes they know you read it. What changes when you have the internet off is your "last seen"

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not possible for it to tell them if you don't have internet. So if it lets you read it, then yeah it works

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• If there's no internet connection, then I'm sure the sender will not know you've read it. I think it's the same for KIK.

• They will not know you have read it because you cannot send the data back making them know.
    After you turn internet on again, the data will be automatically sent to the person, making him/her know you have read it anyways.

(Note: there is a setting in whatsapp that disables others seeing you have read their messages.)

• They definitely don't know before your internet connection is turned on again, but I'm not sure if it updates afterwards either. Maybe.