Why do democratic politicians and republican politicians hate each other so much?

I understand that they have difrent philosophy's pn how to govern the United States but it seems like there so stuck up that they can't admit when any member of the other party was right. Is it so wrong for a politician to think that another politician despite having difrent political views is good at what they do. Barack Obama said in a debate that he didn't think Ronald Reagan was a good president.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're different. Really if you studied the 18th century, the Democrats were the Republicans and the Republicans were the Democrats. Funny right

• 19th century. The Republican party didn't exist in the 18th century. But you're right that the roles were largely reversed.

• @BlueCoyote I'm assume if the Republicans found out what Republicans were, they will flip out lol. Also it's funny that most poor uneducated people are Republicans, because the Republicans do not care about helping people expect for themselves.

• Yes, I agree with you 100% :-). But really, this is also sort of a global thing and can be seen in many different countries. Right-wing politicians are really great at promising tax cuts and stuff like that when really, what they're actually talking about, are tax cuts for the richest 1% and multi-national corporations. I think it's perhaps also a sign of our age. Back in the 1920s and 1930s, poor people decided to stand together and fight against injustice by forming unions and things like that. Nowadays they blame foreigners or muslims or women and they say "if I only work really hard, I'll be a millionaire myself some day" which is of course rubbish. It's an idealized view they have of capitalism. If capitalism would actually award those who work the hardest and have the best ideas, it would be a great system. Unfortunately, the richest people are usually those who either happen to inherit their wealth or who simply let others work for them and cash in all the profits...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the major problem in the US is that politics is such a hot iron and people get extremely tense about it. That is why foreigners are usually advised not to discuss politics with Americans... it tends to end up in a big fight. I can't quite say why that is, I only know it's like that and I've experienced it myself. I think one of the reasons is that making compromises is considered something very bad in America. Some sociologists actually made a study about this a few years ago. They asked Europeans and Americans what they thought about the word "compromise". It turned out that in Europe, "compromise" has generally a very good connotation. When people hear it, they think "oh, that's great, this way everyone gets at least a little bit of what he originally wanted". In the US, most people viewed the word negatively, thinking "that's crappy. If I have to make compromises, I don't get what I want".
    I'm no putting any value on this, I'm just stating it as a cultural difference that seems to exist.
    Another problem is that in the US, the political right-wing (especially the tea party) doesn't care much about constructive politics anymore. When Obama said he wanted to work together with everyone, he made a huge mistake. Why? Because the tea party never even intended to hear him out. From the moment they came into existence, they decided to obstruct every single issue he'll ever suggest. Not necessarily because they hate it but because they hate him. They make a politics of obstructionism, which makes US politics as a whole very complicated.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• Their IDIOTS!
    Blind faith (much like a religion) they think their party is 110% correct & the other is 1000% dead wrong. That's a problem trying to get laws passed is Dems have a law. The Republicans say that stinks we have a better law then yours. Seriously? It can't be all wrong. They should but don't work together & say we like A, C, F, G & X etc. lets compromise on the rest of the bill or work out something we think we can live with. What happened to what's best for the people?
    I live in the US & in my opinion the best guy may be from any party. I lean a little more on the Democratic side BUT I voted for Regan & think he was a great president.
    PS NOBama is an idiot.

• They don't hate each other they each feel their way to run the country is the right way

• As a Democrat, I wouldn't mind having John Kasich as the president. But Reagan's tax cuts were what got us Americans into debt in the first place.

• One side blames the other for everything wrong with the country and they are both guilty of it all.

• They're trying to polarize people, they want you're vote and they want it to stay with them.

• Too many politicians refuse to compromise and to maintain good standing in a party you need to stick with that party's agenda even if you have differing opinions on certain subjects. Those are the real issues.