Are there any Video Games you would consider to be Art?

What do you think?

These two games stand out the most for me in this category, how about you?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that most of them are technically art, since they require artists and writers analogous to the way that animated movies do. The ones that I personally always think of as art, though, are the computer adventure-genre games in the 90s.

My personal favorites are the the "Quest for Glory" and "King's Quest" series, made by Sierra, like:

King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
    i.ytimg.com/vi/8K9c4yPT1KE/maxresdefault.jpg

Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire
    i.ytimg.com/vi/iJAHQezCEqM/maxresdefault.jpg

And the Indiana Jones adventure games made by LucasArts:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    www.radiotimes.com/.../103215.jpg

And the series "The Journeyman Project" by Presto Studios:

Buried in Time
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../..._in_Time_Interface.png

The reason why I mention adventure games is that, by the nature of the adventure genre, they are more often story-driven than other game genres (although not always). And since novels and movies are storytelling mediums, and literature and cinema are considered art forms, games should be too, in my opinion. Just as books and movies have their own strengths and limitations as storytelling mediums, so too do games have their own strengths and limitations for storytelling that are unique from movies and books. There are things that games can do in terms of storytelling that books and movies just can't.

Plus, all the particular games I mentioned have great and memorable music that I still remember all these years later. xD

• I also forgot to mention that the PC game "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" is a WAY better story --- and much more true to what an Indy story should be --- than whatever the heck Spielberg and Lucas's last movie "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" turned out to be, LOL. If Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is considered "made by artists", then the game Fate of Atlantis should DEFINITELY be considered a work of artists. xD

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 12

• There's many games that can be considered art.
    Video games are a form of art.
    The Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 are pure art, and that's just 2 games, and from this gen, if I talked about previous gens I would need a Take.

• I honestly think most video games would qualify as art.

If I had to pick one example I guess I'd go with skyrim.

• Games are so beautiful man. I for real feel bad for people who can't appreciate the beauty behind them.

• I'm a big Braid fan
    Time Kcuf was good
    I recall VVVVVV being interesting.
    Flower, although I never played it.

Lots I'm sure, although it depends on what you're going to define as art.

• Bioshock Infinite techreport.com/.../money.jpg

• Red Dead Redemption
    The Arkham Asylum Series
    Fallout New Vegas
    The Walking Dead
    The Wolf Among Us
    Dishonored

• Kingdom Hearts is an overall piece of artwork to me! Especially the music, that music is badass. :-D

• too many to list them all

• dante's inferno

• I consider all video games to be art.

• Video games are art, in my opinion.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more