The High divorce rate in America can be attributed to premarital sex and lenient parents. Agree or disagree?

Said by another gager on here

Most Helpful Guy

• Divorce rate has nothing to do with premarital sex - that's my take :)

• Thank you, young lady for your kind, generous and thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MHO young lady :) <3

What Guys Said 16

• The entire consumerism culture of , if something is broken , throw it away and get a new one.
    "oh my computer is getting slower , WULP time to buy a new one"
    instead of
    "oh my computer is getting slower , better clean up the registry , uninstall uneeded programmes , clean up , defrag , dust the fans , etc etc etc"
    People no longer try to fix things , put it personal effort , make things last , instead they simply discard it and look for something new.
    That attitude translate to many different things.

• There is supposedly a correlation between number of sexual partners and divorce risk.

While correlation is not causation I wouldn't be surprised if it plays a role.

• no i think it´s attributed to a great loss of moral and responsibility. it´s all part of what society preaches nowadays. nothing is there to stay if you don´t like anything, you get rid of it and get something new. this happens in consume as well as relationships. there is no "urge" to make it work anymore.

i think premarital sex and divorce are just statistics that may seem to influence each other but i don´t think there´s a direct correlation. it´s never that easy.

• Disagree: it's the other way around. Countries with more relaxed attitudes actually have lower divorce rates. The explanation is simple: if you don't marry just to be able to have sex, or with unrealistic expectations you're probably going to have a better marriage.

• Absolutely disagree.

• I saw that post. I think it's attributed to people jumping into marriage too quickly and/or not realizing how much of a commitment marriage is.

• disagree. it is due to the legal system being biased towards women. women get more benefits from divorce then men. it has to do with lawyers specializing in divorce and actively coaching women to divorce their husbands.

• Not that I support premarital sex or parents with no control, but divorce rate in my view has two reasons:
    1) independent women who have no fear of living their lives alone and the fact they they CAN support themselves
    2) lack of religion and the belief in the sanctity of institution of marriage. The fact that people take marriage as a joke. You could also call it "loose society".

• No , high divorce rates in America can by the way attributed to a lack of culture. We are no longer taught that marriage is sacred.

• Nah. Im pretty strong on the issue that the root for this problem is in feminism..

• Has to do more with people not thinking how hard marriage is. Going into it with bad communication and not willing to constantly work on their marriage.
    I've seen studies that state what the other gager said but I'm not convinced.

• Disagree. That doesn't make sense. Did they give a reason?

• Statistics prove yes, for women at least

• The only variable that has shown to be statistically justifiable is marriage at a young age

• Completely disagree. It's more that people are now more likely to see marriage as about giving them personal satisfaction rather than devotion to a larger entity of which they are just a part, a family. We are basically just becoming ever more self-focused.

• I agree , I hate their hook up /break up culture.

What Girls Said 5

• partially, but not completely.

• Disagree. I think it has more to do with people rushing into marriage without really being committed.

• Naw. In fact, teen pregnancy rates are on a down size.
    www.hhs.gov/.../trends.html

• I think it has to do with people just changing over that past decades. Society evolved and whereas in the 50's, it was just unheard of, it's more widely accepted now. But, no, I don't think it has anything to do with divorce rates.

• I strongly disagree, it's just someone trying to push their personal agenda down on you.