Do you ever feel afraid you will grow up alone and forgotten?

We cannot all be pivotal to the development of the world but we can all be pivotal to the development of another person. Yet some of us will not be. Does it bother you if that is your fate?

• I have that fear
  • I do not have that fear

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• What Im known for only matters while I'm alive. Once I'm dead either I don't exist and thus can't care about if I'm remembered or if there is some sort of afterlife I'd like to think I'd have better things to be preoccupied with than how/if I'm remembered.

Realistically most people will be forgotten eventually, even those written in the history books.

What Girls Said 8

• It used to bother me. But when I really thought about it, I really enjoy being alone, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If being alone makes me happy and allows me to have a fulfilling life, then why should I fear ending up alone? Because it's the norm to end up with someone?

• I don't mind it :D I don't get bored with myself often sooo I'm not afraid of being alone... to tell the true I'm trying to figure out if that's not what I really want. :D
    Forgotten? I wish for it everyday :D I'm enough for myself don't really need people to remember me for me to feel good or feel that I made something with my life. ^^

• No, I have plans and when I follow through on them, I will be remembered.

• Too early to have an existential crisis... Get back to me in a few years

• Yeah, sometimes i do feel that, and it's kinda scary to think about that when you're young and have all life ahead of you

• I think even young children have this fear subconsciously

• It can't be a fear when it's reality.

• Yes. That's a big fear of mine

What Guys Said 10

• At times I do. But then I open my eyes and realize I have people that care about me. Namely my little brother, I'm keeping in mind that my parents won't be around forever. And when they pass on and my brother has a life of his own - maybe then I'll be alone lol. If things don't change.

• While I'll admit I do need to socialize more, I don't have this fear. And not to sound self absorbed, but I do generally love my own company.

• I don't care about the alone part but I don't want to be forgotten; especially by my family. I don't fear any of these because I know my family will never forget me.

• Billions and billions have done before me, many who've been much more deserving of being remembered. Why would I want to be?

• yup, i do have that fear, and it got real most of the times

• Yeah not all the time, but that thought has poped into my head on occasions. in the absolute worst case scenarios in my life but I know if I'm good to others and live a good life I'll be ok in the future

• I always have that fear

• Get to work and you will give the world something to remember you by.

• Not really.

• Nearly been there, nearly lived it.