Do you consider yourself "smart" in comparison to other people in general?

• Yes
    76% (19)76% (26)76% (45)Vote
  • No
    24% (6)24% (8)24% (14)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
11|21

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah and no at the same time, i've got my areas of expertise and other people got theirs.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people consider themselves smarter than average. Typically people will measure whatever they are good at, as a way to measure intelligence. If you are for example great at math, and I struggle with it, but might think yourself smarter, If I am better at English, then I might think myself smarter, If someone else is better at reading social situations, they might consider themselves smarter.

Other times they consider anyone that disagrees with them as being stupid, because they can't fathom how anyone could come to a different conclusion. I think in this way a person can often be both the smartest, and dumbest person in the room, depending on each persons viewpoint.

1|0
    0|0
    • yup^^ i'm the smartest person with languages usually and the dumbest with actual problem solving lmao u can be smart and stupid at the same time. embrace both

What Girls Said 10

• Not at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I don't think I'm necessarily stupid, but I'm definitely not smart.

I'd like to think I was quite intuitive though

0|0
    0|0
  • Sad to see how many people are overestimating their intellect on here 😂😭

1|0
    0|0
  • Around my age group, yes, otherwise no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but I think most people seem to have lost their minds, so maybe that's a sign that I'm just smarter than average.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not the brightest crayon in the box

1|1
    0|0
  • one word

yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Yes I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    Just average.

0|0
    0|0
  • Book smart? Nope.
    But I do think I have a bit more common sense than the average person.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• I don't like to brag (I LOVE to brag), but I do awright. I mean, I ain't no George W, but I get by.

2|2
    0|0
  • I'm smart yeah, but many many people are too. I think we can learn something from everyone. I went to a top Business school, but I work with people that went to better schools and holy shit, they are absolutely brilliant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I'm mostly street smart but probably below the average of others. I don't have a problem with it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had others tell me I'm smart before but I don't see it as smarter than others. I just think I think about things more and use common sense more than others maybe. Everyone has certain strengths and weaknesses, to me it doesn't make anyone better than anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no reason not to. I can see it clear as day I am superior to many people in terms of all-round knowledge and intellectual capability. Then again, there are people who think 4 times faster than I do so at the end of the day, what does it really matter?

0|0
    0|0
  • Im probably average.

0|0
    0|0
  • Which kind of smart? I know enough, to say that I'm still clueless about many things.

0|0
    0|0
  • By no means do I have much common sense or logical sense, however though, I do possess a certain high perception and linguistic ability that seems to make me feel alienated when surrounded by others because I over-analyse situations to the extreme and feel like a wolf in sheep's clothing because my real 17 year old interests do not come in line with most people's my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not many people are going to say no. These kinds of questions are stupid. Of course people are going to portray themselves as being great over the internet where they don't actually have to back it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope. i lag in so many levels

0|0
    0|0
  • Loling at 81% of people saying yes. These numbers are contradicting reality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not something I really think about, I imagine I'm pretty average.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am smart in certain topics, and dumb in some.

0|0
    0|0
  • I consider myself smarter than roughly about 90~95 percent of the population, I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes especially compared to the kids at my school

0|0
    0|0
  • no but im more open minded and do research too see if what there saying is true

0|0
    0|0
  • some times their are topics i dont know a lot about like pop culture :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, most people are stupid and they don't even realise it, as proven by the poll

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah all the time1

0|0
    0|0
  • It is pretty painfully obvious that I am more capable in every way than 90% of the people I meet and the other 10% are only more able in a specific area of expertise. I mean 'painful' literally. It gives me no satisfaction, quite the opposite. I have learned to hide my light under a bushel to avoid engendering jealous resentment or having demands made on me constantly.

0|0
    0|0