I feel depressed, what is wrong with me?

I was in a car wreck two days ago. And for some reason it opened my eyes and I been really emotional lately. What is wrong with me? Why have I been feeling depressed? I almost died and feel like I should have.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are experiencing trauma. It is normal. You should take to friends and family that you are experiencing emotional trauma since the accident, and try to find the positive in the situation. Maybe it is a sign or wakeup call to become serious about something because life is short. Accidents do happen sometimes, you almost got an unlucky number or pulled a lucky number. Its like you won the lottery, so thank goodness you are alive. If you have a boyfriend, hold him close.

What Guys Said 3

• Its normal, its a traumatic experience, crying is one of many ways our bodies cope with things. I have been through at least 12 or more car accidents, lost track of the number, always the passenger. Most of those were with my mom, only once was it our fault, that was when i drove with my friend and he was day dreaming while driving. Guy in front of us slammed on his breaks and there was no one in front of him nor any animal. Depression is another feeling you can have after some major event. Even happiness, the car accident that i was in that crippled my mom and disabled me back in 2000 when i was 12, i had a rush a endorphins and happy chemicals, can't remember the name at the moment. Rush through my brain because i was happy with were alive, it was a really nasty accident, i wasn't even mad at the lady who hit us at that time. Just felt elated, though i know i shouldn't have. Hopefully your depression will pass, it could possibly take some time, but eventually it will get better, trust me.

• It's trauma. Normal. You'll feel better in a week.

• shock

What Girls Said 7

• It's a lot to deal with and it happened so soon. Of course you'll still dealing with the emotions from your accident. It's totally normal and totally ok to feel down. Do you have family or friends you can talk to? You'll feel better if you have a support group.

• You're in shock obviously - I was hit by a car when I was 13 and I said exactly the same thing as you did that I should've died, but some people aren't meant to die for a reason - you were saved. I had to see a therapist for 3 months to overcome my fear of cars, so you should as well. Otherwise, you will feel emotionally unhealthy.

• I can't tell you why but I have been feeling the same way ever since I had a heart attack a while back.

• This is totally normal, because I think you're dealing with the after-effects of shock. If things persist much longer, I strongly suggest that you speak to someone about how you're feeling.

• You're dealing with post traumatic stress

• Trauma. Thats all. Just wait and let time pass and then your be good.

• Have you considered therapy? Obviously this car wreck has brought some personal issues to light.