What do you listen to while studying or doing homework?

• Music (any genre)
  • Calming sounds (waves, water droplets, rain, etc)
  • Silence. NOISE = DISTRACTION; SILENCE = FOCUS so SHH

Most Helpful Guy

• My absolute favorite is rain. I love to study while it's raining outside. Unfortunately, it doesn't always rain when I want/need to study ;-). So most of the time I just study in silence. I like silence and for certain tasks such as reading or memorizing things I absolutely need it. Music or talking (TV, radio, other people etc.) drives me crazy in these situations. I also enjoy silence because it makes me feel like this 18th or 19th century scholar who is completely absorbed in the composition of his next poem or a treatise on political science, somewhere out in the countryside ;-).
    If I listen to music (sometimes when I write on my papers), it's usually classical music. I especially like Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Dvorak.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it includes writing or reading, nothing or songs I don't know the lyrics to or have little to no lyrics since I just end up singing along. If it's drafting or drawing or CADD related, then whatever I'm in the mood for - could be no music at all as well. When I'm doing all-nighters though and need to be more energized, I listen to more upbeat music.

What Guys Said 11

• Music (any genre). If I just study in silence I'll become distracted somehow and lose a couple of hours of study time watching tv or on the internet.

• When I really have to focus, I go without music. But when it's something monotone and repetative then I listen to epic music. I have a collection of it that's almost a daynight long if put together.

• Nothing. Silence.

• Relaxing music. Typically from a Zelda game. LoZ games have music of all sorts from action packed to super calming. 😊

• Silence. I can't listen to radio while I study. That's why I put a desk in my bedroom so I can close the door and study

• i wish i could study, but since im a dyslexic i can't.

• silence i get distracted easily

• Music.. Depending on what exactly i am doing that is.

• I like to listen music by Against The Current

• Nothing, can't concentrate with noise

• I prefer listening to music until I actually need concentration.

What Girls Said 10

• a bit of everything really. i dont keep my music on all the time. so times it'll be silence, sometimes even just the sound of traffic outside helps me concentrate, or ill have my jazz and rNb on at low volume.

• I tend to like silent but if I am falling asleep with boredom I play music!

• None of it.

• Music any genre. Whatever is on my phone

• whatever music helps you do something better, for me its music like Chris Brown, or anything similar to that.

• Complete silence. I can't concentratz if there is any noise.

• I can't have distractions while studying/doing hw. So option C

• I watched tv

• i like to listen to pink floyd when I'm studying

• To be specific Still into You by Paramore. I can listen to that everyday. It isn't good for my homework though because I usually get caught up in singing my lungs out but whatever.