Am I a bad woman if I don't care about feminism?

Honestly, I don't care much about feminism, raising any particular gender. I mean, I do believe we should not try to harm others, suppress others and believe in being a good human. That means it doesn't matter if you are a guy or girl. But like, I don't care much about those women who suffered in past centuries because they could have protested, like some well known women in their times did. So does it make me a bad girl if I don't believe in feminism and find it bullshit?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person but I don't think you understand history very well. Saying "I don't feel bad for them, they could have protested" is naive. Would you ever say that about the black slaves in US history? Should we not feel any compassion for them because they just accepted their fate?
    It's not that easy.
    Luckily for you, you've grown up in a comparatively open, free and wealthy society. Having this amount of freedom as a woman was not always self-understanding and it is still not self-understanding in some places on earth. Had you grown up among the Puritans in the 17th century, you would have had a very different attitude now. These women couldn't just rise up and protest unless they were okay with risking their marriage, all their friendships, their reputation, possibly even their possessions. Have you read "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathanial Hawthorne? It gives you a good impression of what it must have felt like to be a rebellious woman in that era.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• No, you are not a bad woman. I can't stand 3rd wave feminism myself.

• No you are not a bad person, I personally disagree with feminism as well. I've seen all of the misandrist behavior from them to know that feminists aren't my friends. I prefer egalitarianism which is true equal rights for everyone, including for the groups I disagree with.

• i dont think it does, feminism nowadays is blown out of proportion. it does not fall into the context of past waves of feminism but its still called feminism unrightfully so i sometimes think.

What Girls Said 3

• No, I wouldn't say so. Is indifference a bad thing though? I don't know, it can be, but I think you should feel free to care (or not care) about any cause. I'm thankful to feminists in the past who were trail blazers and fought for women's rights, but I'm not very involved with modern feminism. Exceptions being a few issues I agree with and care about, and their efforts in some developing countries where it's really needed.

• Do you like to vote?
    You disagree with the housewife role?

• I too don't believe in feminism. Its mostly a hate movement and it no longer supports equal rights. I have personally experience through my brother the hatefulness in the movement.