You guys know if a girl is gay she likes girls, right?

I've talked to so many people, in real life and online, who think gay = Liking guys. So they think if a girl is gay, she likes guys. And when I say "No, if a girl is gay, it mean she likes girls" and they go "Um no, that's lesbian. DUUUR"
like... really? You guys know that's wrong, right? Or am I just crazy. Because EVERYBODY I meet, thinks that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah people in the US also think that Europe has reversed seasons and my country is located in South Africa.. Why do you think Donald trump is so popular? Because people in the US think? Lol you go figure..

Most Helpful Guy

• A guy who likes guys= gay or bi
    A girl who likes girls= lesbian or bi
    That's all there's to it.

What Girls Said 11

• To me that's stupid to have 2 different words and gay can mean either men and women. Then with the term lesbian it's a term ONLY for women. I honestly rather they make gay men only gay men and lesbians stay as it is.

• That's a thing? Pretty sure everyone I know knows that term applies to both men and women.

• Lmao. Yes, you're right. Gay = attraction for the same gender. When a girl is gay, she's a lesbian.

• Gay is a blanket term, so yup, it's for girls and guys

• You're not crazy people are just stupid.

• If a girl is gay, she's lesbian.

• Nah you're not crazy.

• I'd say I'm surprised but I'm not.

• Your right. When someone is gay, they like the same gender. Same with lesbian

• If you're a guy and you're gay, you like guys, if you're a girl and you're gay, you like girls, it's always been that way! You aren't crazy, unless I am too xD

What Guys Said 7

• "umm no, thats lesbian. DUUUR"... after reading that... i felt my right arm twitch... this is one of those moments where the stupidity is so astounding that words don't cut it anymore... so i just smack em right upside the head.

• You are correct, gay is slang for homosexuality or haveing sexual interest in your same gender. So a gay woman likes women.

• Holy shit no way!

Lol jk. can't believe how dumb people are sometimes lol.😆

• And you're sure they're not using it ironically or just messing with you?

Because I would totally use gay in that way i. e ironically. It's funny.

• Well, I'm gay in the sense it means happy in. Gay is just a dumb word. I think human should be replacing it.

• This just in: heterosexual men are lesbians!

• Whenever someone says that now I'm going to say that. "Does that mean men who like girls, are lesbians too?" Haha

• You are making me think young people are way too naive.
    They are naive, but not THIS naive.