Is it possible for someone to be a follower of two different religions at once?

Like Christian in the day, and Muslim in the night.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I sort of used to, when I was younger and not an atheist. My mom's Hindu and my dad's Christian, so I'd got to the temple with her... and to church with her too actually lol, because my dad never made time for that and so she would take us.

You might think, how can someone believe in a monotheistic and polytheistic religion, with such different beliefs and practices, at the same time?

It was like Religion-Lite, though. I believed there was a god, but people just called him different names, so it didn't matter how or where you worshipped. The main message, love one another, be good people, pray, etc. was the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because they have such huge conflicting beliefs. Even if they didn't then that would be more about you simply having one religion that includes parts of both religions. Much in the same way a pagan can believe in many faiths, but is not a member of a bunch of different religions.

What Girls Said 6

• If someone told me they actually do that I wouldn't take them serious in that matter at all tbh.

• Most religions fundamentally conflict with each other, so unless you lump philosophies like Buddhism and Confucianism into the religion category, no.

• Kinda... since Christianity is the same thing as Judaism until you get to the Jesus part. messianic Jews believe in jesus.

• No? I don't really understand how that would work. Though Christianity and Islam aren't really all that different. Both Abrahamic religions.

• Of course it is. Actually a lot of religions have overlaps

• You will get really confused if you follow 2 religions at onces just choose one and follow that...

What Guys Said 11

• I suppose it is, but only as long as their beliefs doesn't oppose each other..
    Meaning that the two you mentioned, wouldn't work.

• It's possible but they could only be serious about one or neither. I'm sure in countries where Christianity is illegal it happens a lot.

• If aspects of one don't interfere is aspects of another then maybe. You'd require an alternative interpretation of both to reconcile them. There's also chaos magick.

• Ok for the sake of simplicity in going to assume you mean to the letter so every rule for both.

If that is the case then no I'm pretty sure those two religions have different conflicting ideas and also both claim they should be the only religion you follow so this the situation becomes a conflict of religious interests

• Generally speaking, I'm not sure. I've heard that in the east this is actually common, practicing let's say Buddhism and shinto , but in your example it's not possible. A Christian believes in only the Christian God and can't believe in any other. They believe the only way to be saved is through Christ. There are no exceptions to that.

• It's possible but very rare.
    There are thousands of religions and not all of them conflict.

That bring said you can be a Hindu Muslim.

• Yes. In the United States, some people are both Christian and Republican. At the same time, even.

• No, that's absolutely ridiculous.

• U can't make it by time limit but u can take what u love ke in both versions and follow it in the end uts ur believe no need to have approval

• No. You have to devote yourself to one.

• Yes anything is possible