His mum died and I don't know what else to say to him?

This guy's mum died yesterday and knowing that I thought it would be best to send him text saying"I'm so sorry about your mother and look after yourself" and he replied back with I'll try. Is there anything else I need to say to him because I don't want to seem too rude. I don't know what to respond to "I'll try"

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there's anything you can say that will make things better for him, to overcome the passing of one of your parents must be one of the hardest things in life, you can try telling him that you will be there for him, but it will take a long time for him to heal from this

Most Helpful Girl

• Show your support, you can't say anything that will help him. She is no longer there and nothing can undo this :/ My ex-boyfriend was there for me when my grandma died, I was closer to her than to my parents actually, she was the sweetest old lady I ever knew and it was really hard for me. He tried his best to say something that will help me, but what actually helped me most was that I had his support and that he was there for me. And listen, listen if he wants to talk about it, sometimes it can be helpful to reminisce, sometimes you need a distraction. It depends on a person

What Guys Said 1

• there is nothing to say in this circumstance and as a person who lost both his parents before i was 17, words mean nothing

it is more about showing support

Send back and say 'If you need me, you have my support...'

What Girls Said 2

• You can always tell them they can count on you if they need someone to talk to :)

• Just tell him if there's anything you'll be there for him