Are his feelings deeper than I think or am I just reading too much into it?

My best friend who happens to be a guy, has a long time girlfriend but he told me this 'You want my simple, straight, feelings? I love you. You are my best buddy and I want to fuck you'

Are his feelings deeper than what they appear to be or am I reading too much into things? Because He told me he loves me and wants to fuck me, I mean he also said once if things were 'different' he would marry me in a moment. We have been best friends for a long time.

Sucks I can't have him because I would love to marry him!

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's a man his feelings will run deep.

Genuine LUST is a very powerful emotion. It consumes the body and mind. The infatuation. The overwhelming will to a single girl just ONCE is enough to keep a guy in a tailspin for months. "Just the one time! Just the one time!" he will have back in forth in his mind, keeping him awake at night. Give him what he wants.

Most Helpful Girl

• You know him best if you have been close friends for this long.

More importantly - would you want to be with someone who can say things like this while they are in a supposedly serious, long-term relationship? It is very disrespectful to his girlfriend.

If you want to find out for sure where you stand, woman up and tell him you want to be with him, and see what happens. If he breaks up with his girlfriend and comes to you, with sex not being the first thing he wants to do, his feelings are probably genuine and deep... if not, then it may be a bit more complicated.

What Guys Said 4

• maybe he was scared you'd reject him? or maybe he loves both of you?

• Uhh, his feelings are as deep as he says they are, he was pretty to the point

• Reading too much into it. Stay as friends & look for someone else who challenges you!

• I don't think you are and he must be a very attractive guy as well

What Girls Said 4

• He doesn't "I love you" Enough to Leave his SO Here, Dear, And... I am afraid that it is Merely a Friend with Benefits that he is Talking about.
    He knows how Serious you are, But with him not Leaving his 'Long time girlfriend' Tomorrow, If you hang on any Longer... You will only experience the Sorrow.
    Good luck. xx

• The only thing that would be clear as day to me, if a male best friend of mine told me that, would be that he's straight up scum. It doesn't matter how deep or real his feelings are.. I wouldn't want to waste any time or energy on someone who makes such confessions and expects anything to come of them if he's already in a relationship.

• Honestly I wouldn't give it a second thought. So what if he feels all those things? Actions speak louder than words and in the end he is choosing someone else instead of you. I'm sure because you guys have been friends for so long that there is an element of love to your relationship, but it doesn't matter at this point.

• I don't think they're deeper than lust