Would you like to marry someone who has the same personality/qualities as your parent?

Trolls: Don't get into some incest stuff.

I'm not talking about someone who looks like your parent, more like, someone who has the same personality, behavior...

My dream is to marry a man with the same qualities as my father, hardworking, generous, kind, traditional smart , respected and treats my mother and his kids with the biggest respect and love.

• Yes I would like to marry someone like my Dad/Mom
  • NO I wouldn't want to marry someone like my Dad/Mom
  • Meh.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people will say no on here but in reality and in the great schemes of things people do tend to marry spouses who have similar personalitis and qualities to their parents. I'm sure there is some study done!
    Also sounds like your father is a great person. Thats what a good father does. He is supposed to be that role model for his children.

Most Helpful Girl

• Certain qualities, yes. My father is very hardworking, intelligent, and honest. I definitely want my boyfriend to have those qualities. However, my father also gets angry a little too quickly sometimes so I would want my partner to be more even-tempered and patient. Everyone has good and bad traits though, no one is perfect. A successful relationship is not about having a "perfect" partner, it's about taking the good with the bad and putting in 100% effort to make it work. Of course, practicing good communication skills is a major part of that too. :)

What Guys Said 21

• "NO I wouldn't want to marry someone like my Dad/Mom" well like my mama really LOL. And if I somehow ended up with a woman like her I'd be sitting in prison for murder or slitting my wrist asap >_<

• well if my parents had good qualities...
    if i were to marry someone with Any of my parent's qualities, i'd call the nearest Jail or Prison and book a long time stay because im sure at some point, im gonna be checkin in.

• Sub consciously we all tend to date our opposite sexed parent, and often marry them in image, even thought we don't know we do it. It's a very common thing.

• Not really. I love my parents but they both have lacking qualities that I have noticed. When I become a parent, I intend to be better in said areas.

• Yeah, I would, my mother is one of the best women I know and I'm not the only one who says that, I don't know anyone who dislikes her. Since I know her better than anyone I can certainly confirm it.

• sure my mother has a lot of traits and characteristics that I look for in a wife so sure I wouldn't find marrying someone similar to her.

• My boyfriend reminds me of my mother in the way he is really protective of me even though he is a lot weaker than me. Id rather watch a puppy die than fuck around with someone like my dad fuck that shit. abusive piece of shit who kicks his 17 year old son out of the house when he finds out he's gay.

• 0|0
  • Love my parents but no wayyy

• I wouldn't, but I guess I did. Freud would ~love~ this question! :P

• uhm, my dad... yeah a bit. my mom not so much

• Lol fuck no. My parents are horrible.

• Nope 💁

• Same qualities yes , but I want a a wife not a secound a mother so different personality

• lul my mom cheated on my dad and abandoned me so no I'd rather not get with a sloot like my mum

• Probably not I've never met my dad and I haven't spoken to my mom in 3 years.

• No no no Lol
    I love my mum but none of the girls were anything like my mum.

• sure! i found one... long story short, i screwed up.

• Meh depends

• Have you found someone like that?

• This is one of the primary reasons as to why there is conflict between couples.
      A man looks for his mother's qualities in his wife and the wife wants her father's qualities in her husband.
      Every individual is different, learn to accept the pro's and cons of every relationship.

• hmmmmmm i wanna marry my mom tbh

What Girls Said 22

• My boyfriend is actually very similar to my dad personality-wise, which I never noticed until we were all together. They're both goofy smartasses who love to pick on me.

• It depends on what the qualities are. I get along very well with my mom most of the time so if someone had the personality type of my mom, I wouldn't mind. My dad however, he can be very opinionated about stuff and bias and we often clash with our views. There's no such thing as a friendly disagreement with him because he thinks he's always right. However, he really cares about people, he's a hard worker, and he loves his children more than anything. So I'd take the second part of his personality :P

• NO, because their personalities are very, very, difficult to get along with.
    The marriage would never work out.

• Not in a million years. Not in a lifetime. Not ever. Unfortunately, I have a feeling I will to some degree.

• I am already with someone who I have realized has many qualities similar to my father.

• My dad is an amazing husband. He is also a great dad. I would be very lucky to marry someone half as compassionate, intelligent, funny or driven as him.

• Dad, yes. He's a great guy and does a great job with my family. My mother, HELL TO THE NO. God I would go crazy if I had to marry someone with her personallity

• My dad is an asshat who cheated on my mom, and my mom is just weird. I love her but I'd never marry someone like her.

• No! That would be awful.

• Yeah my dad is my hero and pretty much the nicest guy I've ever known.

• Id have a sucky marriage if i married someone like my dad.. My mom? I lover and all but i couldnt marry someone like her either.

• Umm no!

Hate my dad so let's check that off the list

• My wife personality is a mixture of my mothers's and sisters' personalities.

• My dad and my boyfriend are polar opposites its not even funny.

• I would, yeah. My parents are both very good people. I should be so lucky.

• My dad and I have the same sense of humor. I need a man who understands our sense of humor so, yes.

• Not like my dad. Maybe someone with similar traits as my mom though, she's cool

• Oh god no

• My dad, god no. But I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with someone who was similar to my mom.

• My mother is smart, rational and proud. Something I like in guys. But also neurotic, antisocial and controlling to satisfy her own neurosis (not really out of care as much). Something I avoid in guys.

My father is charismatic, open minded and dependable. Something I like in guys. But also passive aggressive, abusive and (literally) crazy. Something I avoid like the plague.

I want a man like neither of them as their bad sides are far too extreme for my taste, but I wouldn't pass up on someone with some of their good sides.

• My parents are old school and I love that about them. I want a man that is old school like them.

• Hell no.